Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Movember - request for support
Humbug

posted on 5/11/12 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Movember - request for support

Hi - most of you probably know that Movember is an organisation raising money for men's health charities by making November into Movember (Moustache + November). Over the years they have raised a lot of money through sponsored moustache-growing. This year I have decided to do my bit as well.

Here is some information about the background: http://uk.movember.com/about/

If you are interested and would consider sponsoring me, this is the page where you can make a donation. If not, thanks for looking and you can still look at the page to see how my 'tache progresses through the month.

http://uk.movember.com/mospace/5373397

Cheers,

Simon

theduck

posted on 5/11/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck, I'm also taking part, Much to the wife's disgust!
woodster

posted on 6/11/12 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a MO BRO .... 49 and still can't grow a decent tash but it's all for a good cause ........ Mine looks like a big eyebrow but patchy
owelly

posted on 6/11/12 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
...and another Mo-Bro here.... I seem to have ordered the wrong one though as mine is grey...

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 8/11/12 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Some progress... mine is also a bit grey... maybe I should dye it so it shows up a bit better? :{)

(sorry it's a crap pic - taken with my PC webcam)

[Edited on 08.11.2012 by Humbug]

twybrow

posted on 8/11/12 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Humbug - I put out a call for help with Movember, but was rather underwhelmed by the response from the LCB massive Previous Mo thread. I was looking to recruit more members to my Mo Team or to raise some sponsorship (hats off to those who have sponsored, or who have signed up to grow some face fuzz!) - we have so far raised just shy of £2k, but we are hoping to raise far more by the end of Movember!

Come on LCB - this is a bloody good cause, and could really stand a chance of benefiting a significant number of people on here. Show your support, and sponsor some of us who taking part. Every £1 really does count, and one day your investment might just save your life!

If you want to see my progress, or sponsor myself or the team, please go to My Mo Space

[Edited on 8/11/12 by twybrow]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.