Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gulp! 4C8 R1 Wiring
TimC

posted on 5/11/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Gulp! 4C8 R1 Wiring

Ugh... laid-out my wiring loom for the first time this evening. Oh boy, it's a big one. I may be some time (months.)

Any tips on the best way to work?

MK9R

posted on 5/11/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Label all the wires and mark them off on the diagram, makesure you know what every wire does, then start ripping out the lighting wires, 1 by 1. cross the wires off the loom diagram as you do it. you will start to find common earths you can remove as you go along.

i hate wiring, and poo at it, but doing it slowly and i can just manage it

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ko_racer

posted on 6/11/12 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
It's not too hard. I've posted up various simplified diagrams of 5pw and 5vy looms. The basics are all the same just with a few more sensors on the newer models really. The bypasses and relay circuits all pretty much work the same.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 6/11/12 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
So, once the main plugs are identified, is it sensible to then remove all of the secondary sheath/wrap?

jelly head

posted on 6/11/12 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
You'll be alright, i have exactly the same engine and once everything was identified and labeled it was pretty straighforward.

I just stripped the wrap off as i needed to and once i'd chased any unwanted wires back i just replaced it to keep everything neat.

adithorp

posted on 6/11/12 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
So, once the main plugs are identified, is it sensible to then remove all of the secondary sheath/wrap?

Thats what I did with my 5vy, but only from the main loom.

Best thing I did was get the wiring diagram printed in A3. That made it a lot easier to follow. A2 would have been even better but a didn't think the image resolution would have been any good.

I removed all the lighting wires then got the engine running on the rest. Then altered the engine loom to suit. I re-started the engine after a few alterations to check I hadn't fouled up... alter, check , repeat. That way you know the cock-up is in the last couple of bits you've done if it won't start.

I used glued, heat shrink connectors for the extended wires. They're secure and water tight

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

-matt

posted on 17/11/12 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Ey i remember this!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.