Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Torque Pro (Android App) and Omex ECU?
velocitykendal

posted on 9/11/12 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Torque Pro (Android App) and Omex ECU?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone uses the Torque Pro Android app for diagnostics? It looks pretty interesting (and cheap) to me but I have an Omex 600 ECU with a serial RS-232 connector rather than the OBD interface required for the app, could anyone think of a way to get these things talking to each other?

I've seen ELM237 (copy) bluetooth adapters on eBay along with RS-232 > OBD adapters, but I imagine connecting all this stuff up wouldn't produce the desired results because the ECU would need to be outputting via the OBDII protocol?

Cheers

Russ.

hobbsy

posted on 9/11/12 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah that combination isn't going to work.

I think someone on here did some work on a similar app for non-OBD2 ECU's (perhaps megasquirt?) have a search on here??

velocitykendal

posted on 9/11/12 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've found this:

www.msdroid.com

...which is what I assume you were referring to. Unfortunately I haven't managed to find anyone developing something similar for Omex ECU's

My only hope in the short-term is to find something relatively ECU agnostic, or give up trying to connect my mobile to the ECU and play with apps using GPS and the accelerometer (though clearly not as interesting).

Anyone out there have any Android app recommendations for the driving enthusiast?

Russ.

bi22le

posted on 9/11/12 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
You need to speak to omex.

Im sure their software is free and you only need a USB to serial converter which cost pennies.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.