Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA No Build Pics and receipts
leon51274

posted on 20/11/12 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
IVA No Build Pics and receipts

Hi All

I was the lucky chap who purchased Adrian Reeves haynes roadster a few weeks back http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=175726

Now while Adrian has done a cracking job with building the car over the last 5 years with no expense sparred! Unfortunately he had little/no build pics or receipts. I'm obviously aware that ms word will be my best friend to create some invoices/receipts but I am a little concerned with the lack of build photo's. I'd rather not start pulling bits apart to get some pics so was just wondering what the collective would suggest for such circumstances?

Cheers
Leon

wombat

posted on 20/11/12 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Sometimes when I download pics then transfer to disc for printing in the precinct shop, they don't always come out so clear.........
leon51274

posted on 20/11/12 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Are we saying be a bit wobbly with the camera?
Slimy38

posted on 20/11/12 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe he's saying that 'a frame is a frame', do what all university graduates do and go Google some pictures...
leon51274

posted on 20/11/12 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, but what about details images of welds etc that the iva man may not be able to see?
tegwin

posted on 20/11/12 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Guys.... some of the IVA testers do read this forum.... And its not exactly anonymous!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

steve m

posted on 20/11/12 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I would be incline to take the nose and bonnet off, and just take close up pics with different apertures, in focus, out of focus (abit) some taken in the wet, dry, night etc,
dont go for any thing creative, just basic shots, in the garage workshop etc, all random stuff

does the prevous owner, not have anything ?? as that seems stange to me

chillis

posted on 20/11/12 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
I thought he had some pics on the haynes roadster forum

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

Tatey

posted on 20/11/12 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Adrians build pictures are located here:

http://s1234.beta.photobucket.com/user/adrianreeve/library/

leon51274

posted on 20/11/12 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
ok, cheers Guys

Adrian did have a few pics but not what i would of said was in great detail, mostly of the car already built and only a few of a bare chassis from a distance. I just don't want to fall foul at this point and would like to get as many things right prior to booking an iva, pointless booking it if things aren't 100% in my mind. I do have access to some ramps so the plan is to get it up on them and get some pics from underneath and i can also remove the centre console cover to get some pics of fuel pipes etc.

On another note what have you guys done with regards to protection around the wishbone areas? Can anyone point me in the right area with regards to someone's photo archive to get some ideas?

Appreciate all the comments

Cheers
Leon

ashg

posted on 20/11/12 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
just put it through as non amateur build its hardly any more difficult. the only thing i can think of is that you will need to stick a cat on it to pass the slightly stricter emissions.

if you want to see how a roadster goes together then you are welcome to look at my photobucket although my car may be a little well to known to use my pictures for iva. http://s707.photobucket.com/home/ashgardiner/allalbums

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

leon51274

posted on 20/11/12 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ash, cheers for the info

Does this mean that no pics or receipts are required?

quote:
Originally posted by ashg
just put it through as non amateur build its hardly any more difficult. the only thing i can think of is that you will need to stick a cat on it to pass the slightly stricter emissions.

if you want to see how a roadster goes together then you are welcome to look at my photobucket although my car may be a little well to known to use my pictures for iva. http://s707.photobucket.com/home/ashgardiner/allalbums

stevebubs

posted on 20/11/12 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leon51274
ok, cheers Guys

Adrian did have a few pics but not what i would of said was in great detail, mostly of the car already built and only a few of a bare chassis from a distance. I just don't want to fall foul at this point and would like to get as many things right prior to booking an iva, pointless booking it if things aren't 100% in my mind. I do have access to some ramps so the plan is to get it up on them and get some pics from underneath and i can also remove the centre console cover to get some pics of fuel pipes etc.

On another note what have you guys done with regards to protection around the wishbone areas? Can anyone point me in the right area with regards to someone's photo archive to get some ideas?

Appreciate all the comments

Cheers
Leon

Seems to be quite a few pictures showing the build in the link above. Add to this some of the difficult areas and I would have thought you would be ok.

adrianreeve

posted on 20/11/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Leon

I might have a few more photos on my computer. If I can find them, I'll email them to you.

How are you getting on with the car? Had a bit of a lump in my throat when you drove off!

Good luck with IVA, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Adrian

leon51274

posted on 20/11/12 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Adrian

That would be great if you have.

I'm not surprised you had a lump in your throat to be honest mate, you've done a cracking job of putting it together, i think its fair to say It's had a few admirers since its been sat in my workshop!

I've spent most of my time trying to flog all the others bits from the previous projects, trying to keep the misses sweet! I've managed to get most nut and bolts covered up on the car though and a couple of other bits and pieces, I've had the tyres taken off the rims so i can get them refurbished and powder coated gloss black. Next thing is to try and get something sorted with protection for iva around the wishbone area and the harness mounts.

As promised I'll keep you informed mate

Cheers
Leon

quote:
Originally posted by adrianreeve
Leon

I might have a few more photos on my computer. If I can find them, I'll email them to you.

How are you getting on with the car? Had a bit of a lump in my throat when you drove off!

Good luck with IVA, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Adrian

Rob55

posted on 23/11/12 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Pardon my ignorance but what photos are you expected to take for IVA? I thought you just needed a folder of receipts and a compliant car, and the IVA man did the rest on the day.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.