Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pikeys strike again
mark chandler

posted on 24/11/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Pikeys strike again

Unfortunately they have rummaged around my lockup.

TIG welder, rotary polisher, chain saw, reciprocating saw large socket set and some other stuff, around £2,000 in total

Worried now they will return for the rest, no power so no alarm possible and 1/2 mile from where I live

They have also had a look at my DB7 and put a scratch in the bonnet so hoping the police can pull some finger prints tomorrow whatever that will be worth.

Could have been much worse, all the above were nice shiny new stuff in boxes, the scruffy angle grinders drills, lathe untouched.... But will they return, hitch the trailer and the locost is gone, big generator and whatever else takes there fancy.

Will have to move the Aston outside now which sucks, luckily buying a house next month so everything should be safe in a nice new man cave.

Arse

ReMan

posted on 24/11/12 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for your loss
Nothing is sacred, I hope that they get caught and you have the opportunity to put molegrips on their nuts

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

bowood14

posted on 24/11/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Mark try getting a battery operated alarm I have one on my log cabin used for my wifes work. If nothing else it makes a loud noise which may make a difference and scare the bstards off!!

[Edited on 24/11/12 by bowood14]

mark chandler

posted on 24/11/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Could have been a lot lot worse.... That is for sure, thankful for the 'little' they got TBH. they did not smash anything up or toss stuff around looking for a pot of gold.

Funny how you get stuff nicked and feel grateful, it's wrong.

Proby

posted on 24/11/12 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Mark that's shite. :-( a house in the next cul-de-sac to us got done at 430am this morning. The milkman actually saw the scrotes making off down the road, but couldn't keep up in the milk float. Took ipad, camera (with pictures of there newborn on), phones and money. Tossers!

Visit GraphicMonster

Ben_Copeland

posted on 24/11/12 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Scum, they had away a large metal wheeled bin at work, had only just been delivered that day !

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

wombat

posted on 24/11/12 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Wire it up to the mains, fry the b*******s
whitestu

posted on 24/11/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Bad luck - is any of it insured?

Stu

mark chandler

posted on 24/11/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
No insurance, the premiums are astronomic on a lockup, I have had it for 3 years, even with this I am better off....

Two kinds of thief s here, legal insurance and illegal, this one

in the summer I was sat in the SWBO,s car waiting to pull out, got slammed in the side, other party admitted guilt + letter from insurance company that third party had paid, guess what my insurance increased by £150 SWBO's by £100 for being involved.... I was not even moving FFS! And damage to the car was a dent in one door, could have sorted out for less.

Then a couple of months ago was involved in an insurance scam, still waiting for this to pan out, car on roundabout stopped because his buddy stopped in front of him, I tapped his car, could have kicked it harder and three chaps with bad English ( think that's PC as fact ) leap out, next month all claiming whip lash, their car has already been repaired so cannot be used as evidence, 1996 vectra with dents in every panel including the roof at least Aviva are refusing the claim and referring to court as fraud but got to wait and see how what happens.

HowardB

posted on 24/11/12 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
since you have all that kit, why not employ a few mates to go and sit round in the garage with some big sticks and a camera,....

might be cheaper than losing more kit,...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

puma931

posted on 24/11/12 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
About 20 years ago when I was living at home (Cornwall), we had a similar event.... my parents had a nice old uncoverterd barn 5 minutes away.... and some locals kids spotted some blokes removing the slatesfrom the roof (they stripped the whole roof). They got spooked by the kids and left in their cars. My dad called the police, with discriptions, reg no.s the works, and they did nothing (well it was a Friday night). The next day I drove my dad down to the barn as we needed to to cover the roof, and guess what? we spotted one of the cars (chevett) driving towards us I spun my car (Mk1 Astra GTE) around and gave "chase" down some narrow country lanes. The chevette eventually had a head on crash (I managed to stop just in time ) My dad then pinned the guy to the smashed up bonnet and I went to a near by house to call the police. The coppers arrested the driver, but later released him as there was no evidence!! despite the fact he was disqualified, no tax or MOT (the other car in the headon was also uninsured).

The cops were useless, but they did say they would return for the slates!

The next day my dads mate who lives close to the barn, calls my dad, as he has some guys asking for a tow as their van was stuck in a field (next to the barn). My dads mate took his truck down to the field, hitched it up, dragged the van out the field, down the road and unfortunately lost control and the van, which ended up rolling into a ditch as some speed (no one inside though). My dad then turned up and sorted things out without the cops

They never came back after that

dlatch

posted on 25/11/12 at 01:07 AM Reply With Quote
mark

i am so lucky as my garage is at the bottom of my road and very secure as only one way in and houses over look it i have rented it for 15 years or more now and never heard of them being broken into.
i can make some space if you need to store some stuff for a while and not a million miles way from you. i can't fit the aston in their sadly as i have my bikes in but can store tools ect you want out the way will pm you my mobile number
cheers
duncan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 25/11/12 at 01:57 AM Reply With Quote
Conrodkid lives not far from you- might be worth asking him if he can store stuff for you too.

Good luck with it all!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mark chandler

posted on 25/11/12 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hello chaps, thank you for the kind offers, the db7 and remaining tools are all sorted now, spare parts have little pikey value so apart from the little car and trailer I am sorted.

They were magpies and grabbed the shiny new stuff, apart from the welder I can get by, new house before Christmas so the rest can take its chances.

Regards Mark

jonabonospen

posted on 25/11/12 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Barstewards!!

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Ninehigh

posted on 25/11/12 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wombat
Wire it up to the mains, fry the b*******s

+1, it's not my fault THEY cut the wire

Staple balls

posted on 25/11/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
They were magpies and grabbed the shiny new stuff, apart from the welder I can get by, new house before Christmas so the rest can take its chances.

Blag a box for summat shiny from halfrauds, install IED. sorted.

Nick DV

posted on 25/11/12 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Mark, give REIS a call, they are reasonable and they may only load you a bit for the few more weeks you are in the lock up. They insured me for fire, theft, accidental damage when in garage, and fire, theft, damage in transit to and from track - basically for everything unless under it's own power - for £170. I thought that was pretty good, and if I want my trailer insured, then that would be another £40. That was for agreed value of £14k for the car and £750 for the trailer.

Cheers, Nick

"The force will be with you, always!"

Peteff

posted on 25/11/12 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Put a shotgun shell alarm on the door as well till you move out, it might liven them up a bit.
Like this and some blanks from the same place.

[Edited on 25/11/12 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.