Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Viento Kit
GrumpyOne

posted on 10/12/12 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Viento Kit

Hi Folks

I am selling my Luego Viento Kit on ebay tonight and thought I would take this opportunity to mention it here.

It's the full kit as purchased from Luego three years ago, a V6 Jag engine and Borg box plus heaps of other stuff. Never been touched since purchased, ill health is forcing me to sell.

I am asking £4000 for everything.

The ebay link number is 321038498645 and I'll update it to a link tonight when it goes live (8:00pm)

Thanks for looking.

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

wilkingj

posted on 10/12/12 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I think you are asking a bit on the high side price wise.
I sold a V8 Viento on the road for £6k, so £4k is a lot in my opinion for a basic kit.
Hope it goes and you get whay you want for it.
Good luck with the sale.

Hope it finds a good home.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 10/12/12 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Viento Kit Car

[Edited on 10/12/12 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BigFaceDave

posted on 10/12/12 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got my fingers crossed for you too, Looks like my Viento is going to be going the same way after christmas bad times.....very bad times
GrumpyOne

posted on 11/12/12 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, £6k for a full built car must have been very disappointing, I know selling the kit for buttons is very disappointing for me, but I just don’t have any other option. I could have it built but I don’t want to spend another 3 or 4k on top of the 6k it’s already cost, to end up with a car worth 6k if I am lucky.
I’ve taken your advice and dropped the price to £2500 just to (hopefully) get rid of it, if you know of anyone looking for a kit please tell them to grab a bargain.

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

ChrisW

posted on 11/12/12 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Is it the AJ-V6 engine? ie Ford Duratec? I'm asking because I don't remember that coming in 2.8 form, only 2.5 or 3.0.

Chris

My gaff my rules

GrumpyOne

posted on 11/12/12 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
It's a 2.8 V6 out of a 1999 S-Type with VVT and Ford written all over it, yours for a bargain price ;-)))

No it is not, boll@@ks it is a 3.0 V6, where did I get 2.8 from. Even bigger bargain now.

[Edited on 11/12/12 by GrumpyOne]

ChrisW

posted on 11/12/12 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I must say, I am tempted! I sold my Viento kit years ago and regretted it afterwards. Just a shame you're so far away and I'm totally skint.

Chris

My gaff my rules

Irony

posted on 11/12/12 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I paid £3.5K for my kit from ebay and it wasn't quite as comprehensive as yours. I personally think that you reduced the price a bit early. I suppose it depends on how desperate you are to get rid of it.

I also think that WilkingJ let his car go for too little at £6K. It was a well put together car.

It's a absolute steal at £2.5K. Please could you direct the new buyer to this forum.

Good Look!

wilkingj

posted on 11/12/12 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
yes agreed on all points.

£6k wasnt too bad. Wouldnt have let it go for less.
Cost me £8k to build, and had it on the road for 6 years.
Just not using it ebough, and wanted a bike (Harley) to fill in another tick on my Bucket list.
Yes I have one of those (Bucket List), as I am now retired, and dont want to leave it too late

£2.5k is a steal. Its was a bit early to reduce the price.
You can always come down, hard to go up!

Agreed. Point new owner at this website, they wont regret it.
Wish I could afford to have it!

Good luck mate.

Best Regards
Geoff

GrumpyOne

posted on 13/12/12 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for everything guys.

Probably was a bit early to reduce the price but I really want to see this go to a good home and it should at that price, the engine, gearbox, flywheel and the new brake discs are worth over £1000 alone and could easily be sold on if not wanted.
I'll wait and see what happens but I have 33 watchers on it just now, hopefully one of them will commit and press the button ;-)

Cheers
Colin

SCAR

posted on 13/12/12 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
A pretty accurate rule of thumb on putting a value on part complete builds is about 50% of whats been spent.
£2500 seems good value for what you have on offer

GrumpyOne

posted on 16/12/12 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
55 Watchers on Ebay and 1 silly offer but I still live in hope ;-)

ChrisW

posted on 16/12/12 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
For me it's a case of bad timing. I really regretted selling my Viento kit a few years ago and would jump at the chance, except I've just shelled out on a new tin top and am thoroughly skint.

Now, if 250 of you could donate a tenner it would be problem solved, but I can't see that happening!

Chris

My gaff my rules

Tipster69

posted on 16/12/12 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyOne
55 Watchers on Ebay and 1 silly offer but I still live in hope ;-)

Hi,

I am 1 of the 55, and I have been sorely, sorely tempted over the weekend. My main issue is I think I need something a bit more straightforward to build, (and with the tech support of the Manufacturer) as the last secondhand kit I bought got abandoned, and I don't want to end up in the same position next time round. That and I have a shortage of space in the Garage at present.

I am still thinking about it though, but best of luck in the meantime.

[Edited on 16/12/12 by Tipster69]

GrumpyOne

posted on 18/12/12 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Folks

Someone pressed the buy it now button and bought the kit, sorry to see it go but there is no way I could have built it on my own or drove it when it was finished, so better to make a clean break now.
Thanks for everything.

Cheers
Colin

Tipster69

posted on 18/12/12 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I saw this morning you had sold it, it was a bargain. ALL THE BEST

[Edited on 18/12/12 by Tipster69]

wilkingj

posted on 19/12/12 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to see it go... I was thinking of it, but its a kit too far for me, as I just bought a Harley!

Make sure you point the new owner to this forum, and stress how helpful it will be.

Good luck for the future.

Best Regards
Geoff

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.