Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Steering wheel with buttons
MarcV

posted on 28/12/12 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Steering wheel with buttons

I am looking for a steering wheel (6 bolt mounting preferred) with some switches on (more than just the horn). I am sure I have seen an example in one of the CKC magazines, but can't seem to find it now. Thought it was a plate to mount to either momo or sparco (and maybe it'll fit mountney as well).

I'd like to use the buttons for horn, but also some gearbox functions and I want to include paddles for shifting. The BMW steering column I'm using has enough wires on the slipring to get the info across.

Any ideas out there?

RK

posted on 28/12/12 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have been under the impression that the "locost" versions were switch plates bolted to the wheels. Either that, or switches directly drilled into the spokes of the wheel. Doesn't look that hard to do.
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 28/12/12 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
You can buy aftermarket steering wheels with a single red push button on either side - I've seen them on eBay and Demon Tweeks from memory, made by OMP.

I wanted a different shape wheel though, so bought a small adaptor ring from Demon Tweeks with two push buttons that sits just above the centre horn push button. This is by Sparco and costs about £30 I think? I believe there's two types for the different 6-bolt patterns.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

johnny chimpo

posted on 29/12/12 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
I think I've got exactly what your looking for and it's about to be put up for sale!

I will post a pic tomorrow!

MarcV

posted on 29/12/12 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, yeah those switchplates seem to be the ones. Also not too hard to make yourself I guess, little design and CNC the thing. I also see different ones available and will await the pic of Johnny.

Now I'll need to find some paddles to fit.

jacko

posted on 29/12/12 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Aero screen
Aero screen

Description
Description

Mine came from Halfords

[Edited on 29/12/12 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.