Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: web hosting
t11

posted on 6/1/13 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
web hosting

Hi all does anyone knoe of a good web hosting site thats free or "lowcost" I just want to builb a website/blog for car related stuff....Gordon
ReMan

posted on 6/1/13 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Try
http://www.wix.com
My daughter got hers set up there quite easilly and free

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

mads

posted on 6/1/13 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Not free but i always recommend www.orchardhosting.com. Their cheapest package is £28.35 a year and your domain name will cost you about £10 every 2 years for a .co.uk one so relatively "lowcost" and you have complete control of the space. Also gives you email accounts.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

ReMan

posted on 6/1/13 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mads
Not free but i always recommend www.orchardhosting.com. Their cheapest package is £28.35 a year and your domain name will cost you about £10 every 2 years for a .co.uk one so relatively "lowcost" and you have complete control of the space. Also gives you email accounts.

+1 If you want a proper job :-)

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Slimy38

posted on 6/1/13 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
I've just set mine up on Google sites, it's a bit basic and limited but it seems to be working ok for me, and it's free. At the moment it's just a store for links and photo's but I've yet to start building so there's very little else to go on there!
designer

posted on 6/1/13 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
www.orchardhosting.com for me too.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr G

posted on 6/1/13 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've been using vidahost for years. Great price, great service

https://www.vidahost.com/web-hosting/overview

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

coyoteboy

posted on 6/1/13 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
been hosting my own for 8 years, but Im running a server day and night anyway. its not fast but it is completely scalable and fixable by me with spanners so I claim locost!
jossey

posted on 6/1/13 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of tiger builders use http://www.blogger.com/

It's free.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sadhana

posted on 8/5/13 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by t11
Hi all does anyone knoe of a good web hosting site thats free or "lowcost" I just want to builb a website/blog for car related stuff....Gordon

If you want good web hosting service,then i would recommend http://www.tucktail.com/web-hosting-plans/ .Here they provide web hosting service with three plans at low cost.You can choose any one of the plan according to your requirements.Here they provide 99.9 % uptime guarantee,Daily backup,Free Setup & Software,Unlimited Storage & Bandwidth,24/7 support etc....

McLannahan

posted on 8/5/13 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Update to this thread....

Orchard Hosting are closing and shutting up shop! End of this month the servers start going down. They have recommended Clook as a partner but not too sure what I'm going to do yet.

designer

posted on 8/5/13 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
I'm transfering mine from Orchard to Clook using Atif:

atifishaq@gmail.com

He is a member on here, and is doing a great job for me. Costs a bit more than Orchard, but he is doing everything, all the gobble-de-gook stuff, of which I have no idea.

Can't recommend him enough.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.