Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: lucas or bosch help!!!!!!!
tudortracksport

posted on 6/1/13 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
lucas or bosch help!!!!!!!

hi got a 1600 xflow fitted in my sylva leader want to change the points to electronic not sure which dizzy i have think it could be a lucas 1 exit wire and condenseror or what ever its called (lol) is inside but it has a brown side exit cap please help also can i do away with the ballast thing if i fit a new coil
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 6/1/13 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Brown caps normally bosch, will need a ballast resistor if your using a 9 volt coil.
snowy2

posted on 6/1/13 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
i have just done the exact same thing to one of my cars. i used a second hand dissy from an old Fiesta (bocsh type) it had three wires to connect one is earth one to coil +ve and one to coil _ve i think....its written down somewhere i can post later. the dissy is a direct swap you need the right coil for the dissy and you do away with the ballast resistor.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

rusty nuts

posted on 6/1/13 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
If you can find one your best bet would be a distributor , coil and coil wiring from a Valencia engined Fiesta which would convert your car to electronic ignition,Better starting and stays in tune. Lucas distributors had the LT wire and condenser wire secured to the points under a small plastic spacer , held on with a nut Bosch distributors had external condenser with the LT wire using a push on terminal, the most common Motorcraft distributors had 2 screws securing the points to the distributor base plate and the LT wire held on to the points with a self tapping screw. Lucas points gap 0.025" Bosch 0.018" and Motor craft 0.025" IIRC but check

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.