Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Abingdon trackday 2013
scutter

posted on 8/1/13 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Abingdon trackday 2013

Folks, I've just popped onto the Motorsport events website, It's showing the 2013 dates in the scrolling news box.

So, who would be up for a trackday there in the first half of this year? We have the following dates and the prices.

22/02/13 £109
22/03/13 £129
24/05/13 £129
21/06/13 £129

Noise limits are 100db at 0.5m.

I'll look to go with the most popular (unless i'm flying)

Regards Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 8/1/13 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi dan cars having winter mods engine change at present will do may and june poss july about time we all met up again at the rose revived Ian
Custardpants

posted on 8/1/13 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Dan which site sells the Abingdon places? Would like to book on. Are you on the C17 btw? Always liked them, Currently on king airs.
digiman

posted on 8/1/13 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be very interested, are there any restrictions on BECs? I don't have a reverse.
whitestu

posted on 8/1/13 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love to but not sure I need to wait and see if I can get the car out when the scaffolding goes up in our drive (and then MOT and tax it)!

If I miss this lot I'm definitely up for one later in the year.

Stu

twybrow

posted on 8/1/13 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
I have emailed them to find out how they test for noise - ie at what revs etc, and what happens if you fail the test. I have a BEC, and I would be worried that 100dB is quite hard to achieve!
scutter

posted on 9/1/13 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Here are the FAQ's for motorsports events.

ATB Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rodgling

posted on 9/1/13 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Interested in these, April is probably out but the other three could work for me.
whitestu

posted on 9/1/13 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I have emailed them to find out how they test for noise - ie at what revs etc, and what happens if you fail the test. I have a BEC, and I would be worried that 100dB is quite hard to achieve!

It's a static test and they seemed fairly relaxed on the couple of occasions I've been. I tested mine at home with a really basic Db meter and my reading was higher than theirs.

I've seen people having several goes at the test until they get enough stuffing up the exhaust to pass!

Their description of the test is:
Please note that noise limits are strictly enforced. The stated dB(A) limit will be tested at 0.5 metres and at 4500 rpm, or, for motorcycle engined cars at 3/4 of maximum rpm. Cars tested over the limit will not be permitted on track, so if you have any doubts consider adding extra silencing.

Stu

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 9/1/13 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Great airfield track and its my local track which is great,. Noise testing is fairly relaxed but if your alot louder you will need to improve it .They run a great strict trackday which everyone seems to enjoy motorsport events is a very good trackday company in my experience.....
GeoffT

posted on 10/1/13 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan, I should be ok for that, at the moment any of those dates would suit.

Would maybe prefer the slightly later dates for better weather chances, but would be happy to go along with the majority.

Geoff.

scutter

posted on 10/1/13 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'm looking at doing March and June off the list so far.

Ian, I'll post up a meeting for Feb.

Regards Dan.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.