Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 5vy Secondary throttles
adithorp

posted on 25/1/13 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
R1 5vy Secondary throttles

Has anybody removed the secondary throttle butterflys from an 04-06 R1 ? If so what was the result?

I'm sure I've seen something on here in the past but the search is defunct for now.

As I understand it (and I could have this completely wrong) they're there to help stop the throttles being opened too quick and throwing the rider off. Obviously this isn't a concern in a car. If they restrict the pick up/throttle response, are you better without them and does it cause a problem...?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

monck

posted on 25/1/13 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Well my 750 GSXR ones never even had secondary ones on the bike

From all the guides about putting bike tb's on cars the advise was always to remove them ..

Ryan

BobM

posted on 26/1/13 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Has anybody removed the secondary throttle butterflys from an 04-06 R1 ? If so what was the result?

I'm sure I've seen something on here in the past but the search is defunct for now.

As I understand it (and I could have this completely wrong) they're there to help stop the throttles being opened too quick and throwing the rider off. Obviously this isn't a concern in a car. If they restrict the pick up/throttle response, are you better without them and does it cause a problem...?

Looks to me like the jury's out on whether it improves the bike or makes it worse.

Probably grandmothers and eggs but you can use google to restrict your search to LCB by adding the site to the search string, e.g.
r1 secondary butterflies site:locostbuilders.co.uk

Not very Locost but very BEC

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.