Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eBay Paypal warning........Check your accounts now.
Jon Ison

posted on 28/1/13 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
eBay Paypal warning........Check your accounts now.

I just posted in the paypal thread but think is worthy of a thread/title warning everyone.

We have a busy eBay shop and website, both take paypal, we have numerous repeat payments from buyers, in one case 9 for the same item, its a mess.

If anyone as purchased anything this morning check your paypal account to make sure you have only paid once.

doddy

posted on 28/1/13 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
yes i have had some one pay twice for a item are paypal returning payment or do i need to do it do you know

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/4x4wheels

Jon Ison

posted on 28/1/13 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
well the average wait time is 83 minutes for paypal help so not sure, I am not refunding just yet as A) I cant be sure it is actually in my account and B) if I do paypal will retain 20p for each transaction, its their error not mine, I'm not paying.

Tens of thousands x 20p worldwide ?

Agriv8

posted on 28/1/13 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
as foot note is Pay Pal FSA affiliated now ? If so the FSA need to chew their ear !!

ATB Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

se7en

posted on 28/1/13 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Are you having a laugh? Paypal FSA affiliated ROLF

They had to move to Luxenbourg to avoid running foul of the British authorities.

Agriv8

posted on 28/1/13 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry I will remove my tounge from my Cheek !

But their UK Tax affairs are in Order.

ATB Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

T66

posted on 28/1/13 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have had the misfortune of trying to ring eclart and paybollocks today, waited 45 minutes into a predicted 159 minute wait queue and gave up.

Then spent 40 minutes wasting my life ringing paypal.

In the past 5 days, I have emailed them both 3 times, regarding a possible fraud and they still havent bothered their backsides replying.

Customer service does not exist in any form or fashion with either, they are an unregulated disgrace.

Ninehigh

posted on 28/1/13 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
Sorry I will remove my tounge from my Cheek !

But their UK Tax affairs are in Order.

ATB Agriv8

Just like Jimmy Carr?

beaver34

posted on 28/1/13 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
I also run a eBay shop and had this issue today, but only once up to now
BigFaceDave

posted on 28/1/13 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just had another one! Looks like paypal mentioned it on twitter but not on paypal itself! Ebay announcements have mentioned it also but not really gived any details.
jabs

posted on 28/1/13 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
I can now see all my transactions, this morning my account had none, because of this I created all my postal labels via ebay and now I can see the transactions every label created has debited my paypal account 4 times - not good
puma931

posted on 30/1/13 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Are Ebay/Pay Pal going to sort out these transactions without a prompt from me?
On my paypal account it looks like the transaction was complete, but the items are still in my basket (unpaid) on ebay.
Will traders process the order??

I have not received my order yet (bit too early) but I don't want to waste time on the line to Ebay, who will probably say it is a paypal issue and visa versa....

quote:
Originally posted by BigFaceDave
Ive just had another one! Looks like paypal mentioned it on twitter but not on paypal itself! Ebay announcements have mentioned it also but not really gived any details.

puma931

posted on 1/2/13 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
The items I bought on Monday 28th are still in "May Basket" (payment to be made), Pay Pal have taken the money out of my account and the shop I bought the items from have not received anythig from ebay and no payment from paypal

Both Ebay and Paypal are equally useless in trying to resolve this problem. Has anyone else had this issue?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.