Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: surprising customer service
AndyW

posted on 28/1/13 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
surprising customer service

Hi All

Last April I purchased an ipad for the wife. I got one from apple online and it was a refurbished unit. I decided to go that route as at the time was quite abit cheaper and allowed one with 3G. Anyhow, over the last month or so the home button became less and less reliable, would not do as it should and in the end the ipad became useless. So I rang up their help line yesterday (Sunday) and explained that I needed it fixed under warranty.

A very helpful man said "can you get to your nearest Apple store tomorrow??" So I said yes and booked an appointment with Apple Milton Keynes for 3pm today. Walked in, they looked at the ipad and then gave me a new one!!

I though this was great, no messing about with having to send it off, or quibble about damage etc, they did a quick check to make sure it wasnt water damage and off I went with the new ipad.

Nice to get some straight forward good customer service.

Andy

Slimy38

posted on 28/1/13 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair, that's part of what you're paying the premium for. I can't imagine Samsung doing the same for their Galaxy products!
Fatgadget

posted on 28/1/13 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
They have certainly come a long way since the good old bad days of the titanium G4s then!..Took a pal of mine almost a year to get his machine sorted out back then.
PSpirine

posted on 28/1/13 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
I walked into a apple store in USA when on holiday cause my battery on a MacBook was playing up (about 9 months after purchase). Didn't have a receipt or anything but cause it was purchased from Apple they just checked it on their computer, and swapped the battery for a new one there and then.

Was very impressed!

ReMan

posted on 28/1/13 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Daughter did the same today with a touch phone :-)
Hope I get the same if my iMAC so much as takes a millisecond longer to boot!

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

loggyboy

posted on 28/1/13 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
To be fair, that's part of what you're paying the premium for. I can't imagine Samsung doing the same for their Galaxy products!

Yeah, but I could have bought three of my 10.2 tabs for the price of one ipad!

Mistral Motorsport

Slimy38

posted on 28/1/13 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Oh definitely, I suspect that my S2 could be replaced at least two or three times before I get to iphone 4 prices...

Ninehigh

posted on 28/1/13 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Oh definitely, I suspect that my S2 could be replaced at least two or three times before I get to iphone 4 prices...

By the sound of it it would though

blakep82

posted on 28/1/13 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
The cost of 1 ipad to buy probably equals what it actually costs them to make 4 or 5, no wonder they can keep giving them away
Friend of mine is on her 4th replacement iphone in about 8 months I think. They just keep giving her new ones... first id be wanting to know why shes getting through so many, and how they can afford to keep giving them away...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

AndyW

posted on 28/1/13 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Just out of interest how much was you galaxy 10.2 tablet and what spec??

loggyboy

posted on 28/1/13 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
£155, but that was with £50 samsung cashback, £20 staff discount and £10 tesco direct discount off an already discounted normal tesco price!
It was the wifi model.

[Edited on 28-1-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

vanepico

posted on 29/1/13 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote
I doubt it'd cost £100 to make an ipad, they are made in china after all! Considering they can sell them for 30% of the price of here, in the US. Props to apple on the customer service though!

My brother just spent over £100 getting a new battery for his mac

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

stevebubs

posted on 29/1/13 at 01:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vanepico
I doubt it'd cost £100 to make an ipad, they are made in china after all! Considering they can sell them for 30% of the price of here, in the US. Props to apple on the customer service though!

My brother just spent over £100 getting a new battery for his mac

http://www.isuppli.com/Teardowns/News/Pages/Low-End-iPad-mini-Carries-188-Bill-of-Materials-Teardown-Analysis-Reveals.aspx

mcerd1

posted on 29/1/13 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyWNice to get some straight forward good customer service.

I've heard similar, but up here the nearest apple store is in glasgow (none in edinburgh) and apple wouldn't pay for a courier - so one of my mates had two 120 mile round trips to drop of and collect his mac book pro

[Edited on 29/1/2013 by mcerd1]

-

eddie99

posted on 29/1/13 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:
Originally posted by AndyWNice to get some straight forward good customer service.

I've heard similar, but up here the nearest apple store is in glasgow (none in edinburgh) and apple won't pay for a courier - so one of my mates had two 120 mile round trips to drop of and collect his mac book pro

This might have changed recently as about a month ago, I was offered a free collection and delivery courier by Apple, downside is I had to wait a couple of days so I ended up going in to a nearby store.

However although Apple premiums might be on the high side, there customer service is the best in the high street.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Bluemoon

posted on 29/1/13 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Also have found there customer service very good; you get what you pay-for...
mcerd1

posted on 29/1/13 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
This might have changed recently as about a month ago, I was offered a free collection and delivery courier by Apple, downside is I had to wait a couple of days so I ended up going in to a nearby store.

not sure what the story was exactly (it may have been a timescale problem - him and his wife do need it for work) but he wouldn't have driven 200+ miles if he had an option

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.