Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Volvo selling advice please....whats it worth?
ianclark1275

posted on 3/2/13 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Volvo selling advice please....whats it worth?

Description
Description

V70 2.4T petrol 146K full leather cruise New ETM £650 New Bosh Battery £114 2 new Front tyres.
average cond interior and ex.

Dilemma

2 questions

Do i put the car on ebay with 2 months MOT or send it for a test and do it with 12?

im looking for about £700 ish - not sure what i would get with 2 months MOT left?....

i paid 1500 3 years ago for it

i have another car (vectra), at my dads but he wants £600 for it before i drive off in it !

any advice appreciated

thanks

IC

measure twice, cut once, scrap it, start again.

Staple balls

posted on 3/2/13 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
With that sort of MOT left, most buyers will be thinking you're getting rid because it's likely an MOT fail next time round.

Chuck it through a test and accept you'll make a little less for a quicker sale.

balidey

posted on 3/2/13 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
As above, a car with very little test left will be worth far less. Even if there is no mechanical difference, its the perception.
And if you do sell on ebay you WILL get contacted in 2 months time when the buyer contacts you to say you willing sold them a death trap as it failed its test a few weeks after buying from you.

£35 for a test is a small price to pay.

And just to add, are you really wanting to sell that car because you are getting a Vectra? Did you bang your head?

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

SCAR

posted on 3/2/13 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Problem is that your probably getting about 20 to the gallon which hammers the price. With very little mot £400 with a years years mot £700. Mine (1998) cost me £350 with no mot but new tyres and new brakes 100k miles immaculate condition inside and out and an aftermarket pioneer remote 6 cd sound system. Sailed through the mot with a rubber gaiter, its comfortable, reliable cheap motoring (apart from fuel costs)
mad4x4

posted on 3/2/13 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
bit of an Epert on this one as we traded our Volvo V70 D5 2004 in today

We got £1200 from the Dealer with 4 Months MOT and 166K on the Clock. Full Cream Leather Alloy Wheels, 4 GOOD snow tyres.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

britishtrident

posted on 3/2/13 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Big petrol cars just don't sell easily but with a fresh almost 13 month MOT and if it is well shod there is no reason it shouldn't fetch £750.

[Edited on 3/2/13 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 3/2/13 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
bit of an Epert on this one as we traded our Volvo V70 D5 2004 in today

We got £1200 from the Dealer with 4 Months MOT and 166K on the Clock. Full Cream Leather Alloy Wheels, 4 GOOD snow tyres.

With a fresh MOT the dealer will get that + a small profit that just chucking it into auction ---- in this sector of diesels fetch about £800 to £1000 more than petrols so I would not be surprised if at auction it fetched £1600

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

ianclark1275

posted on 3/2/13 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys, great feedback

i think i will hang fire and MOT it

as for the bang on the head regarding the vectra....
i didnt actually want another car, this thing is a right machine, apart from the ETM issue, its great.

problem 1

on the school run, the car park must be like a banger race, because they are always scraping and knocking each other
- it my fault for buying a big car....

Problem 2

my dad who is aware of the "big car" problems for the wife, knew a lad at jis work who was selling a "great car", and to keep the wife from banging into stuff i just said yes.

measure twice, cut once, scrap it, start again.

gazza285

posted on 3/2/13 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
We've got one, but red. I think the wife would turf me out on my ear if I told her we were getting a Vauxhall of any ilk. Fantastic motors, apart from the fuel economy round town.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.