Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More beer related
Marcus

posted on 9/2/13 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
More beer related

Following on from 'what's your poison', my current fave tipple is Leffe Ruby.

The problem is it's not available in the UK so I have to rely on friends booze cruises etc and I'm running out!

Has anyone else heard of this stuff and if so have you found a UK supplier?

Ta

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 9/2/13 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
i drank heaps of this stuff when in bruge. the wife even robbed a little leffe ruby glass from one of the bars!

a few years ago i brought a load from beers of Europe. type it into Google.

they do list it but is out of stock. you could try calling them on Monday.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

TheGiantTribble

posted on 9/2/13 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
PM sent
coozer

posted on 9/2/13 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
And, while we are on about stuff not available in the UK.. I quite fancy a gallon of Killkenny...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Marcus

posted on 9/2/13 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that guys, Beers of Europe have been out of stock for ever and I don't drink enough to justify a keg.
Might give them a ring next week though.

Ta

Marcus

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 9/2/13 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Leffe Ruby

Hate it!!

All I miss from the UK are the music pubs of Leeds, Timothy Taylors Landlord and Marsden's Pedigree!

MikeRJ

posted on 9/2/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I quite fancy a gallon of Killkenny...

Is that something to do with South Park?

RichardK

posted on 9/2/13 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
And, while we are on about stuff not available in the UK.. I quite fancy a gallon of Killkenny...

Mmmm, good choice sir!

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

coozer

posted on 9/2/13 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
quote:

Mmmm, good choice sir!

I know you know it!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Peteff

posted on 9/2/13 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

Leffe Ruby

Hate it!!

All I miss from the UK are the music pubs of Leeds, Timothy Taylors Landlord and Marsden's Pedigree!

Or even Marston's Pedigree. A friend of mine recommended it as Manton's Premier. Draught Ruby at beautiful beers but you really need to like a lot of it. Have a look for Melville's raspberry fruit beer if you like that kind of thing, it's quite nice in it's own way, not too sweet.

[Edited on 9/2/13 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

T66

posted on 9/2/13 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I love Kilkenny, an awesome tipple

Give Durham Black Velvet a go if you spot it.

Marcus

posted on 9/2/13 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I've tried Melville's and it's ok.
A few fruit beers were so disgusting, I missed out the middle man and poured them down the drain!
It has to be Ruby.
The Frenchies sell it in 250ml bottles, 24 for 18 euros. Cheap as chips and just a nice sip after a painful day at work
You can probably tell, I'm not a big drinker (I've been called a girl before now!)

Marcus

JoelP

posted on 9/2/13 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I'm very fond of cloudy wheat beers, so the plain leffe is high on my list. Also like the vedette white, hoegarden and one called something like weisstefan. Awesome stuff.

We're very lucky in Leeds in that there is a chain of bars selling premium niche beers (at a ludicrous price I might add, £3 a half for some).

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

SeaBass

posted on 9/2/13 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Leffe has its place but most of its output is a bit plain IMHO in it's style category.

As mentioned above the Germans know a thing or two about wheat beers. Weihenstephan. All their beer is stunning but my favourite is the Weihenstapaner Vitus - lovely at 7.7% though you wouldn't know it.

Others worth working through the catalogue include Hacker Pschorr & Schneider Weiss (Tap 6 is stunning).

Don't get along with fruit beers generally but perhaps I should try some...

Simon

posted on 9/2/13 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
My fave used to be either Cap Morgan or Woods. Unfortunately I drank a little to much when I was young (bottle of Barcardi on my 21st in an hour apparently) and decided to stop drinking for a few weeks.

That was 26 years ago in July

ATB

Simon

JoelP

posted on 9/2/13 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
Leffe has its place but most of its output is a bit plain IMHO in it's style category.

As mentioned above the Germans know a thing or two about wheat beers. Weihenstephan. All their beer is stunning but my favourite is the Weihenstapaner Vitus - lovely at 7.7% though you wouldn't know it.

Others worth working through the catalogue include Hacker Pschorr & Schneider Weiss (Tap 6 is stunning).

Don't get along with fruit beers generally but perhaps I should try some...

Cheers seabass. Schneider Weiss rings a bell actually, think they have it at the bar I was at the other day.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.