Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD:Mk Indy Wing Brackets
Peter Cowley

posted on 9/2/13 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
WTD:Mk Indy Wing Brackets

Hi there,

I bought some of the new style wings indy cycle wings last year to go on my existing brackets. The existing brackets have been bent to fit the older style wings, and don't think they will bend back straight.......so

Does anybody have any new mk indy cycle wing brackets unbent that they wish to part with before I go to MK ???

I also have the original brackets and wings (Yellow) for sale if anybody wants them ???! The brackets have got a 90 degree bend at the top prior to where they go under the wing to ensure they fit without the need for a slot cut into the wings. The wings have the usual mounting holes/stress marks and brackets need a clean up/paint.

designer

posted on 9/2/13 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Why have you posted twice?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peter Cowley

posted on 9/2/13 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
It didn't show on the front page at first, so posted it in the Mk indy section too so people saw my post.
gingerprince

posted on 9/2/13 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
last I knew mediabloke on here still had a pair. I work with him so wil ask.
Peter Cowley

posted on 9/2/13 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Well that would be a coincidence as he used to own my car..... I think !!.

If you could ask him that would be good...otherwise I may resort to hacking the existing ones about to make the new wings fit.

Cheers
Peter.

Bizarro

posted on 11/2/13 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
There is a person who sells them on e-bay for £36/pair. Dont think he has any listed at the moment but I contacted him through e-bay and he sold me a pair, he is local to me so I was able to pick them up.
They are well made and suit the Indy cycle wings.

Not sure if this link will work but if you search ebay for completed listings something should come up.

Locost Kit Car Cycle Wing Stays, Mudguard Brackets | eBay

mediabloke

posted on 13/2/13 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Peter - Sorry for the delay. Just got a working PC again at home!

As Gingerprince mentioned, I have a pair of wing brackets in my garage that the guys at MK made for me for, I recall, about £40-45. Mild steel, unpainted and unused, they're ready to be primed & painted. I got them to fit to my (your!) Indy but sold it before I had chance to fit them.

You're welcome to have them if you want them. £36 as per the ebay chap that the previous poster referrred to? Let me know if you want a photo or any further details. And thanks to Gingerprince for social networking!

[Edited on 13/2/13 by mediabloke]

Cheers - Francis.

Peter Cowley

posted on 15/2/13 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mediabloke,

thanks for the reply...

In the last week I have re-welded the existing brackets so now I shouldn't need the new ones.

If things don't work out when i come to re-fit them, I will let you know.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers.
Peter.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.