Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Halfords Advanced Professional 150 Piece Socket & Ratchet Spanner Set - £79.99
Rod Ends

posted on 15/2/13 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Halfords Advanced Professional 150 Piece Socket & Ratchet Spanner Set - £79.99

Spotted on Blatchat:

Halfords Advanced Professional 150 Piece Socket & Ratchet Spanner Set - £79.99

It is usually £99.99.

RhinoRacing

posted on 16/2/13 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
Good spot! Thanks.
Ordered a few more sets.
I have 2 of these making up the basis for my tools I use everyday at work running a fleet of Caterhams.
They are brilliant and good guarantees on them, exchanged a few ratchets already.

afj

posted on 16/2/13 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Have one in the garage already and now I've reserved one to go in the truck at work thanks for the heads up

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

bowood14

posted on 16/2/13 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Great set I have one, if you buy one make sure you keep the receipt for the lifetime warranty
RhinoRacing

posted on 16/2/13 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah good call that, i store my receipt in the bottom of the red-boxed bit set. Means you always have it with the set and it stays readable!
tul214

posted on 16/2/13 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
If any of you with this set don't use the plastic case I would be interested in taking it off you.

Cheers Mark.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

SteveWalker

posted on 16/2/13 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
If you are looking for a plastic case 'cos yours has broken, you may like to know that you can buy replacement metal catches on Ebay (I've fitted a set to mine) and if the hinges have snapped, normal hinges can be screwed in place.
tul214

posted on 16/2/13 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have the 90 piece set and would like the larger case to move into and add to!

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

jonabonospen

posted on 16/2/13 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tul214
If any of you with this set don't use the plastic case I would be interested in taking it off you.

Cheers Mark.

I've got one you can have if you want it as I doubt I am ever likely to put the tools back in it (pretty certain I still have it in the garage somewhere but will need to double check first). Sent me a message and you can come pick it up. I am just off junction 30 of the M62, on the edge of Wakefield.

Any good call to the OP on this deal as this set is a bargain when it is at £99.99, but at this money it cant be turned down. It's a steal!!

You don't always need the receipt to get an exchange. I have taken back a couple of little bits and explained and talked nicely and they have swapped them for me...... although I did get the obligatory "Well we really should see the receipt" and then I go on to explain that I bought the set maybe 4 years ago and it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY and they surely don't expect me to keep the receipt in good readable condition for another 20-40 years. That tends to appease them a little.

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Ben_Copeland

posted on 16/2/13 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
I've never needed a receipt for anything i've returned, its got Halfords written on it, its not as if it could of come from anywhere else lol

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

jonabonospen

posted on 16/2/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
I've never needed a receipt for anything i've returned, its got Halfords written on it, its not as if it could of come from anywhere else lol

I used that reason before and the response tends to be though that it is more about which store it has come from.

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
tul214

posted on 16/2/13 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonabonospen
quote:
Originally posted by tul214

Cheers Mark.

I've got one you can have if you want it as I doubt I am ever likely to put the tools back in it (pretty certain I still have it in the garage somewhere but will need to double check first). Sent me a message and you can come pick it up. I am just off junction 30 of the M62, on the edge of Wakefield.

Any good call to the OP on this deal as this set is a bargain when it is at £99.99, but at this money it cant be turned down. It's a steal!!

You don't always need the receipt to get an exchange. I have taken back a couple of little bits and explained and talked nicely and they have swapped them for me...... although I did get the obligatory "Well we really should see the receipt" and then I go on to explain that I bought the set maybe 4 years ago and it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY and they surely don't expect me to keep the receipt in good readable condition for another 20-40 years. That tends to appease them a little.

That is very kind.....I will be in touch.....U2U on its way.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

Duncan36

posted on 16/2/13 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Great link thanks. Not every day you get to save £120 on something you wanted anyway. I took them up on their previous offer of a free professional top box when buying the bottom box last year, that was another great saving
encyd

posted on 19/2/13 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Offer is still on today! Bargain at that price
FASTdan

posted on 25/2/13 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for posting this - picked one up last week after reading :-)

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

TQ_uk

posted on 11/3/13 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Deal is back on until today (but wasn't last week when I needed some Torx sockets, and had to go out and buy a small set from B&Q to do a job )

Ordered one anyway so am doubly covered for next time!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 11/3/13 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Yes thanks for link, just got mine today
Mr G

posted on 11/3/13 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
If i'm not mistaken last time this offer was on for the 'Monday' only it was still £79.99 on the Tuesday evening past closing time, so if you reserve it tonight or tomorrow morning I'm pretty sure you'll get it for the offer price

Fantastic price considering the 120 piece set costs the same!

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Mr G

posted on 12/3/13 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Still reduced as an offer but at £99 instead now.

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Rod Ends

posted on 24/5/13 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Back at £79.99 until Tuesday.
PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/5/13 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Its a great bit of kit, well worth the £79.99
Wadders

posted on 24/5/13 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks to the OP for the heads up, just reserved one to pick up tomorrow
Rod Ends

posted on 9/12/13 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Back today for 1 day.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.