Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay rant ... and how to reply to negative feedback?
plentywahalla

posted on 27/2/13 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Ebay rant ... and how to reply to negative feedback?

After 10 years of trading on Ebay I just got my first negative feedback ... and i'm spittin' bullets!!

I sold a cylinder head from a BMW 2002Ti. I clearly stated that some corrosion needed welding and I explained that it was the reason I was selling.

So some guy bought it and when he gets it he opens a dispute and complains that it was not as described. I claim that it was described exactly but I decide to give him a refund anyway to preserve my good seller rating.

Then he waits until he has received his full refund from me, including carriage .... and leaves negative feedback!

He claims in the feedback that I sold it as 'Good'!!

I never said it was good, I said it needed welding to repair some corrosion. I did say the camshaft was good because it was.

I have looked at ebay feedback policy and they only remove feedback which was been placed in error or includes insulting or offensive language. In other words anyone can leave inaccurate and unfair statements and ebay just say they 'respect' buyers opinions.

I have noticed that sellers can reply to negative feedback, how do I do this? there doesn't appear to be any links to doing it.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men ... and the obedience of fools. (anon)

FuryRebuild

posted on 27/2/13 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Contact ebay directly. Due to a hiccough with a seller, I ended up with a 'non payment' flag. I discussed it with the seller and we agreed it was a mistake. When I spoke to ebay support (chat session) they took a look at my history and removed the black mark based on past performance.

worth a punt.

M

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

matt_gsxr

posted on 27/2/13 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
My advice would be don't worry about it.

One bit of poor feedback won't put buyers off.

Lots of idiots on the internet, no point in getting upset by them.

russbost

posted on 27/2/13 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
I know exactly how you feel having been in similar situations where you do everything you can to help someone then they promptly spit in your face anyway!

First, I would say don't worry too much about it as 100% feedback on Ebay nowadays from anyone with more than a few 100 transactions is a rare thing (I still actually have it on one of my accounts, but the other is at about 99.7%), people don't take much notice of one random comment when everyone else says you're one of the good guys.

However DO definitely respond to it, I can't remember exactly how you do it, but if you click on customer support & then type "reply to negative feedback" or "respond to negative feedback" in the search box, there's defo a link comes up about halfway down the list that appears, which tells you how to place a response - at least that way you get to tell your side of the story.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
russbost

posted on 27/2/13 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
& just to add you can now "report" the buyer, if you go to your feedback & look at the negative one you should find the link

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Not Anumber

posted on 27/2/13 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Can you tell us the buyers ID that way we can all add him to our Favourite Sellers list and bombard them with damn fool questions whenever they next have something for sale. They wont know what is going on but they will get the idea they are not exactly liked...

Skirrow

posted on 27/2/13 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
To reply, go to the bottom of the feedback page and there's a link. See http://screencast.com/t/fJZIoAU8JP9x
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 27/2/13 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
As others have said, it's not really worth worrying about. One negative comment against all your positives wouldn't put off potential buyers and wouldn't affect your feedback score too much. Having said that, I can understand that after all those years of trading on e-bay with positive feedback it does hurt to get a negative. Could you not try reasoning with him and ask him to retract his comments? Worst he can do is say 'no'

Phil

macc man

posted on 27/2/13 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I just had an issue with a trader I bought a pair of springs off. They sent clearly the wrong part number and they were huge compared to the correct one's. However they gave a full refund and paid my postage without quibble so I still gave positive feeback. Credit where it is due etc. A bit annoying though.
UncleFista

posted on 27/2/13 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Don't worry about it, if you have a lot of feedback, 1 neg won't matter and you'll keep your 100%.
Respond calmly and eBayers will see that the buyer was at fault, only arsey responses worry me as a buyer.

I have 4k feedback @ 100%

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.