Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit car Westfield based
locost westie

posted on 2/3/13 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Kit car Westfield based

Hi thinking of selling my kit car or breaking it for parts, it is built mostly from Westfield parts, chassis is Westfield was damaged but repaired then built up from that using Westfield parts, It passed sva in 2009 with pinto engine in, since then it has been changed to 1.8 Zetec but still 2.0 pinto on v5 (not got round to changing it), it has type 9 gearbox sierra diff 3.92 with standard drive shafts push in type, Westfield sdv rear up rights, Cortina front uprights, Westfield body work, the reason i am thinking of getting rid is lack of use plus having just passed my bike test can't see it getting used much this year, not desperate to get rid, posting this just to see what interest i get, not sure what value to put on it, if you are interested send me u2u, located in Ripley Derbyshire.

[Edited on 2/3/13 by locost westie]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Confused but excited.

posted on 2/3/13 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
Love the idea of a Westie being used as a donor for a Locost.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

locost westie

posted on 22/3/13 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote

kickinthenuts

posted on 22/3/13 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
How much are you looking for it?

Cheers

David

SCAR

posted on 22/3/13 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Built using a Westfield chassis, uses a Westfield body, err, that'll be a Westfield then
Why would you want to break it?
If you do I'm interested in the bodywork and possibly the zetec engine.

Westy1994

posted on 22/3/13 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCAR
Built using a Westfield chassis, uses a Westfield body, err, that'll be a Westfield then
Why would you want to break it?
If you do I'm interested in the bodywork and possibly the zetec engine.

I was going to post the same thing, then wondered about the chassis plate and body VIN number, if its a westy the two numbers will be the same, I assume then this is not the case. What does the V5 say it is?.

SCAR

posted on 23/3/13 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
With Westfields being a space frame construction I thought the vin number only related to the chassis and the bodywork was incidental to the identity of the vehicle.
Westy1994

posted on 23/3/13 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Well I am confused now, until we get info from the V5. When does a kitcar built as one make cease to remain that make, when it would appear that both the photo and info in the description still describe it as that make . If I built a caterham from secondhand parts with a chassis from one car and perhaps the body from another ( or new panels) would it not be a caterham at the end of the day?. The only reason I mentioned the VIN number was because I guessed that the car above does not have a WF supplied chassis plate and perhaps the matching body plate......... Maybe the seller can please clarify.
alladdin

posted on 23/3/13 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
i would guess its simply a matter of the chassis being a "leftover" from a westfield re-chassis repair. hence the chassis no stayed with original car and this one became a collection of tubes once welded by a bloke at westfield. good basis fopr a locost.

nice looking car , is it a wide or narrow ?

locost westie

posted on 26/3/13 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
hi to answer questions, it is registered as a locost, chassis was second hand came without vin, yes it is a westfield with a lot of genuine westfield parts, but does not say westfield on V5, I could have bought westfield ID as these do get sold on, but I wanted to put it through sva so everything was above board, it is a wide body.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.