Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Moyo Dickson
Dick Axtell

posted on 27/9/02 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Dickson-shite here also - only a dozen so far. Seems as tho this scam trawls through address books, so if your address is in several, you get the corresponding number of messages.

Thanks for the Lycos info.

Dick (deffo no "-son")

jimmy

posted on 27/9/02 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Same Here,I've had three.
Whats the idea of these?

James

posted on 27/9/02 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Same Here,I've had three.
Whats the idea of these?

The idea is that your send them money so they can then 'export' their own money. They'll then give you a share of it.
What of course actually happens is that you never see your money again.

Frankly if anyone's dumb enough to send their money to something like this then IMO they deserve to lose it.

James

chrisg

posted on 27/9/02 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Too right James,

They should be sending it to me.

Cheers

Chris Okanawdoa

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Alan B

posted on 27/9/02 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Okanawdoa,

Please send me your bank details so I can pay you large sums.
Just 20's though, will they do?

Alan B

quote:
Too right James,

They should be sending it to me.

Cheers

Chris Okanawdoa

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 27/9/02 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
A bankers daft would be fine, do you have any other Gul........er .....I mean, enlightened friends?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

bsilly

posted on 27/9/02 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
im on me way to amsterdom to rob some banks

mainly digger drivin me

Macca

posted on 30/9/02 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Another today from "Dennis Mboma."
Col

theconrodkid

posted on 30/9/02 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
me too,auwfly nice of him to write to us all dont you think?ps what was it about,i deleted it
Macca

posted on 30/9/02 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted to give me $20 million, told him I'd only spend it on wine, fast cars and fast women. Then waste what was left!
Peteff

posted on 30/9/02 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
I checked my junk mail on hotmail and I've had 5 moyo, 2 myo dickson and a Dennis Mbomo. It's a wonder there's any money left in circulation in the country.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 30/9/02 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
i got the momomomomom whatever the shyte it was, and another from laurent kabila's son, also after some money from me.

as we are a bunch of cheespsters that dont even want to buy a kit car, he's barking up the wrong tree a bit i think.

atb

steve

Alan B

posted on 30/9/02 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

as we are a bunch of cheespsters that dont even want to buy a kit car, he's barking up the wrong tree a bit i think.....

LOL

Nice one

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macca

posted on 9/10/02 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Another one today from Dick**d Moyo?
Macca

posted on 9/10/02 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, make that two.No make that five!
Anyone clever tell me how to stop them?
Cheers Col.

StuartA

posted on 9/10/02 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately there is no way to stop it, other than changing your email address. A 'spam filter' such as the service provided by Hotmail might do the trick but I'm not sure you can get one of these as a third party product, it has to be provided by your email host.
James

posted on 9/10/02 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
You can't stop them as such- other than change your e-mail address.
With several e-mail systems (such as Outlook) you can create 'Rules' so that it'll auto delete a mail with a certain header.

With my Yahoo account I can report a mail as spam (just click the 'This is Spam' button) and I don't then get any more from that address.

HTH,

James

James

posted on 9/10/02 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately I can't find an article I read on BBC news yesterday but it reckoned that every day there are 5 Americans sitting in the lobby's of London hotels waiting to meet their new Nigerian 'business partner'!!!

Cheers,

James

rallyslag

posted on 9/10/02 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
ahh theve started again

Old chinese proverb: "If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

sting

posted on 9/10/02 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
as you all i`ve had a few and only since being on this web-site so i now know what the spam button is for with yahoo.
i guess i click on that and hopefully it will disappear?
is this right
cheers
Sting

chrisg

posted on 9/10/02 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
You could try it I suppose, I had another 8 today!

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson

posted on 9/10/02 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
I had 21!!

But only 1 got through.

If using outlaw express, simply highlight the message.

Then select Message maneu, then select Block Sender - That castrates Moyo quite nicely if a 20:1 ratio isnt too bad!

atb

steve

David Jenkins

posted on 10/10/02 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Trouble is, they're getting sneaky!

I had a heap last night, all from slightly different addresses and with slightly different subject lines - very difficult to keep the filters up to date.

Apart from sending a complaint to spam@lycos.com (again ) I have now changed my e-mail address - anyone I know from this site who wants the new one can contact me via U2U.

David

fuz

posted on 11/10/02 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
There is also another reason apart from the one mentioned by lycos as to why you are all getting these e-mails. I,ve had a few of these as well. As not mentioned in the lycos reply, the e-mails say you should forward to as many people as possible within the space of one hour and not actually reply to the sender.As you can see, this is spiralling fast. Basically these e-mails are from people who are against the internet, like the greenpeace of the net, and what they do is to send these e-mails out asking you to forward to as many of your collegues as you can within one hour. Eventually if we all did this it would spiral out of control and the net would crash!! It,s far from making the net crash yet, but as you can see they are tring hard.

Fuz

Macca

posted on 16/10/02 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Got three today from a very nice Dennis Mboma, god am I gonna be rich.
Col.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.