Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Offshore job seeking advice needed
macspeedy

posted on 11/3/13 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Offshore job seeking advice needed

Hi

I am in need of a change of career, i have just put myself through my cpcs level 1 slinger signaller course. I have class 1 drving licence and counterbalance flt (just expired). I am looking onshore but i am open to offshore work. Can anyone offer some advice for offshore slinger type jobs?

Thanks in advance
G.

[Edited on 11/3/13 by macspeedy]

imp paul

posted on 11/3/13 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know much about this kind of work, but i know a man who does, and he would have some good advice that would be Hector.Brocklebank

send him a pm hope this mite help

T66

posted on 11/3/13 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Been in my current job 26 years, but served my time as an hgv fitter many moons ago. Oil & gas offshore I found to be very closed off, only able to look at people with "experience".

I could only assume you are born with offshore experience, as it appears to be a tough industry to break in too.

I have been looking at wind turbine maintenance jobs for when I retire, in a boom at the minute. Stacks of jobs and because its relatively new, the experience isnt that old. The industry is open to similar mechanical & electrical tradesmen re-skilling.

The feedback Ive had from those within wind energy & training establishments have been positive and encouraging, the only positive I got regarding oil& gas was Joe H on here, who took the time to answer a few of my questions, the rest of my research online, in oil & gas has been met with ignorant comments and slagging off. And no replies to my emails. Quite the opposite with wind turbines....

Probably just my singular experience, but enough to put me off tbh.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.