Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: S2000 donor car
scoles1

posted on 15/3/13 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
S2000 donor car

Hi all been browsing this site for a while now in the background. I bought a 01 s2000 to build a westfield S2K kit but unfortunately my circumstances have changed. What I was wondering is how easy is it going to be to shift it now? It's a write off but still drives just cosmetic damage.

I was just wanting to gauge where I would be best to advertise either it as a whole or in parts as its still a complete car at the moment.

This is the first time I've been in possession of a Honda so not all that clued up on places to advertise.

Cheers
Stuart

[Edited on 15/3/13 by scoles1]

wylliezx9r

posted on 15/3/13 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
You will get less for the car if its whole. Engine and box (depending on condition) are worth between 2.5k to 3k. Bumpers, wings, doors, hoods and lights etc fetch good money. If you have the space I would break it up and sell the parts on ebay.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

scoles1

posted on 15/3/13 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Hi thanks for the prompt reply, I wouldn't be wanting mega money for the parts as long as I recovered what I have paid.

I could probably break the car, the engine has 72k from memory and has been looked after by its previous owner who I know very well and he spent a fair sum of cash at Honda on it.

Is eBay the best way to go with it or would even an advert on here be of any use? I understand when I was looking to do the build that it's not all that common a build.

Cheers
Stuart

SeanStone

posted on 15/3/13 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
I would put it up on ebay advertising a wheel nut for 99p and state in the advert that you're braking the whole car and that other parts are available

Makes the advert cheap and then people will come to you with what they want

If you try and get rid of the interior first then you can start storing other parts in the shell as you take them off

You'll get good money in parts. If you're not bothered about top dollar, just look up what you've got and undercut everyone

sdh2903

posted on 15/3/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
How much would you want for the whole car?

scoles1

posted on 15/3/13 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
How much would you want for the whole car?

Hi I have sent you a U2U regarding the car.

Thanks
Stuart

stevebubs

posted on 15/3/13 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
You will get less for the car if its whole. Engine and box (depending on condition) are worth between 2.5k to 3k. Bumpers, wings, doors, hoods and lights etc fetch good money. If you have the space I would break it up and sell the parts on ebay.

Really? Pretty sure I've seen engines for 1.5k...

franky

posted on 15/3/13 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r

Really? Pretty sure I've seen engines for 1.5k...

me too, lots for £1.5k ish, whole cars had be had for 3k.

PeteS2k

posted on 16/3/13 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
You might get an engine only for £1500, but engine and 'box will be more, I'd have thought (a few engine + box on the 'bay at the moment for about £2500). Of course, it depends on the mileage and condition.

The fact that you can get whole cars for little more just reinforces the fact that you'll get a lot more if you can spare the time and space to strip the vehicle and part it out.

T66

posted on 16/3/13 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
If you start breaking - I'm interested in the fuel injectors.

scoles1

posted on 16/3/13 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
I think I will advertise as a whole car for 2k then if no interest start to break it. How would 2k as a price for the whole car sound?

Cheers
Stuart

unijacko67

posted on 16/3/13 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
2k for complete car sounds good. I bought a complete car and labled all the loom up so it has helped with my build. Also ive used dash and switches so if your motor can be driven and tested 2k sounds like you should sell it today. I paid £4500 for my damaged 07 AP2 and have had about the same back for parts, still got loads left and using engine, box ect.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adampage

posted on 25/4/13 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hijack!

But on a similar note.....

I have a 1999, 100k car, but full history and recent-ish clutch & diff bearing so mechanically good (gearchange is still so sharp crisp, how can that be at 100k?!). All fully road legal, tax & mot, generally good but a bit scruffy - front bumper & bonnet have a few chips, hood is mostly good and is waterproof but a couple of frayed bits right in the corner where it folds, etc.

From a quick scan around the classifieds, they start at around £4k but a lot are lower miles or a bit newer, so if I'm going to struggle to get £3k or £3.5k, would I be better off splitting and £2-2.5k for eng/box, £500 for diff & driveshafts, then £100-200 for bits like seats, lights, some panels, wheels & tyres, etc?

What do you think?

Thanks
Ad

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.