Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec on carbs
Hillclimber

posted on 18/3/13 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Duratec on carbs

Is anyone out there still running their Duratec on bike throttle bodies or have you replaced with off the shelf units from Jenvey SBD etc?

Planning on fitting a Duratec next Winter so i'm in planning mode.

Thanks in advance.

FASTdan

posted on 18/3/13 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Ours is a 2.3 on ZX9R carbs. I've done plenty of Duratec inlet manifolds for people running GSXR1000/1300 TB's also.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
big-vee-twin

posted on 18/3/13 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
mines using GXSR750 ITB'S on a Fastdan manifold

thats GSXR, pics in my archive

[Edited on 18/3/13 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

redeye

posted on 18/3/13 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Running my duratec on gsxr1000 TB's on Fastdans manifold too

No problems with the setup at all.

I would mention though that when you do come to buying the TBs make sure they come with a TPS as they can be a bugger to find and arent cheap.

FASTdan

posted on 18/3/13 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redeye
Running my duratec on gsxr1000 TB's on Fastdans manifold too

No problems with the setup at all.

I would mention though that when you do come to buying the TBs make sure they come with a TPS as they can be a bugger to find and arent cheap.

Too late now, but anyone after a TPS I may be able to help - many of the later GSXR TB's I have in stock come with the secondary butterfly arrangement which includes another TPS. This secondary arrangement is removed in my TB kits so I often have them spare.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Hillclimber

posted on 18/3/13 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info

Fastdan what Ecu do you use With the ZX9R Carbs?

And what ecus do you use with the bike throttle bodies?

FASTdan

posted on 18/3/13 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hillclimber
Thanks for the info

Fastdan what Ecu do you use With the ZX9R Carbs?

And what ecus do you use with the bike throttle bodies?

Ours is on Megajolt with the carbs. TB wise megasquirt, omex etc depending on budget and what you want from it (DIY tuning etc).

Hillclimber

posted on 18/3/13 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks FASTdan would you ever change to TB's or do you think there is not much to gain and you are happy with the performance?
FASTdan

posted on 18/3/13 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
I was planning on doing it this year - purely because the GSXR1300 kit is what I would consider my 'flagship' kit and therefore I should be running/endorsing it myself! The ZX9's drive amazingly with excellent low down torque, but 'may' be holding it back at the top end (being a 2.3).

However I have recently aquired a set of 48mm bike carbs. Therefore these are next on the agenda as its a straight forward swap, sticks with the bike carb philosophy but might just open up that top end a bit. Not only that but these carbs are truely a site to behold (think ZX9's on steroids!!) so will be a nice talking point.

I will of course eventually go to the GSXR1300's, but these 48's are a nice easy stepping stone.

Hillclimber

posted on 19/3/13 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FASTdan
I was planning on doing it this year - purely because the GSXR1300 kit is what I would consider my 'flagship' kit and therefore I should be running/endorsing it myself! The ZX9's drive amazingly with excellent low down torque, but 'may' be holding it back at the top end (being a 2.3).

However I have recently aquired a set of 48mm bike carbs. Therefore these are next on the agenda as its a straight forward swap, sticks with the bike carb philosophy but might just open up that top end a bit. Not only that but these carbs are truely a site to behold (think ZX9's on steroids!!) so will be a nice talking point.

I will of course eventually go to the GSXR1300's, but these 48's are a nice easy stepping stone.

Hi Dan will be interesting to read of the difference in perforformance when they are fitted? Any pics??

Hillclimber

posted on 20/3/13 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Is there only one member running a Duratec on Bike carbs? Anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks to all who have responded so far...it has been really helpful.

alladdin

posted on 20/3/13 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FASTdan
Too late now, but anyone after a TPS I may be able to help - many of the later GSXR TB's I have in stock come with the secondary butterfly arrangement which includes another TPS. This secondary arrangement is removed in my TB kits so I often have them spare.

i think the one on the secondary spindle is different in operation. i also had a few and gave one to a guy that needed it - he reported it was different and from memory i confirmed this myself.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.