Not interested

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New kit car club/resource in Dorset
DorsetStrider

posted on 19/3/13 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
New kit car club/resource in Dorset

Hiya Guys,

I've been talking to a friend of mine who has asked me to do him a favour.

He works for Bournemouth and Poole College and they are thinking of running a "kit car club" where people will be able to take their kit cars (if they are road legal) to the college to work on, or for people to use the college facilities to fabricate parts (after some training if they are using a lathe or mill). There would also be advise/discussion opportunitites with motor vehicle instructors to discuss ideas/fault finding techniques/repairs etc.

My friend has asked me to gauge interest. There is no point in the college running this if there is not enough people interested. Apparently it would likely cost approx £100 per 10/12 week term and you would only need to pay for the terms you want to attend.

At the moment it would seem that they would be unable to open up the college welding shop (that was my first question) but the motor vehicle and engineering workshops would be available.

So is anyone interested if the college did run something like this on a weekday evening?

Who the f**K tightened this up!

SALAD

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
I clicked 'yes' but I am far from road legal at the moment and can't say when I will be!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.