Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blitz registred as a Mini still - avoid?
montythemole

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Blitz registred as a Mini still - avoid?

Ok been a while since I've been on here, kids and hobbies mean I get precious little time to play with cars :-(

However I've noticed this Blitz for sale locally on ebay.

It looks good (have walked past it as recognised the house and had a little look) but it's still registered as an Austini Mini, so from what I remember from a few years back it's a big issue despite being MOTd? Insurance void etc if anyone investigated?

So am I right in thinking that other than proving it has necessary bits to pass an MOT, it's actually no better than an un-road registered one since both need an IVA to correctly be used on the road? Thanks for any assistance. I'm really keen on a getting a very minimalist car (Fugitive etc) and these seem just the ticket.

NCF BLITZ BUGGY RUNNING A 1975 AUSTIN MINI 1000 ENGINE, RUNS SUPERB, MOT APRIL
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NC F-BLITZ-BUGGY-RUNNING-A-1975-AUSTIN-MINI-1000-ENGINE-RUNS-SUPERB-MOT-APRIL-/181099563116

1985 Dutton Phaeton Series 3 1300GT

loggyboy

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by montythemole
So am I right in thinking that other than proving it has necessary bits to pass an MOT, it's actually no better than an un-road registered one since both need an IVA to correctly be used on the road?

Exactly that, to be 100% legal that car needs an IVA.

Mistral Motorsport

mcerd1

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
+1 it needs an IVA

-

montythemole

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Gents. Basically it's useless then, possibly get away with driving it home depending on your risk but otherwise of no benefit.

Off to look for something else then as that price +IVA etc is a fair few quid.

1985 Dutton Phaeton Series 3 1300GT

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 19/3/13 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
....""COMPLETELY ROAD LEGAL.

RUNNING A 1975 MINI 1000 ENGINE AND RUNNING GEAR.

DRIVES SUPERB, VERY WELL BUILT BUGGY WITH NO EXPENSE SPARED.

ON LOGBOOK AS AUSTIN MINI 1000 SO CAN BE INSURE AS CLASSIC MINI,VERY CHEAP....."

Wrong on so many counts. Apart from the obvious illegality, your insurance for your classic Mini may not hold up if you have a claim. If you've just killed someone with this, it's probably not so good.

another bargin with awsum breaks no timewaisters or dreemers

Simon

posted on 19/3/13 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
From the NCF Website:

The BLITZ is a very impressive performer. Whether blasting along a dirt track, an open field or climbing a steep slippery slope, the BLITZ takes it all in its stride with abilities to spare. The BLITZ can easily be made road legal and has passed the full current SVA test. Full details are covered in the assembly manual.

ATB

Simon

loggyboy

posted on 19/3/13 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
From the NCF Website:

The BLITZ is a very impressive performer. Whether blasting along a dirt track, an open field or climbing a steep slippery slope, the BLITZ takes it all in its stride with abilities to spare. The BLITZ can easily be made road legal and has passed the full current SVA test. Full details are covered in the assembly manual.

ATB

Simon

Oh there's no doubt it could be IVAd, but this one definitely hasnt. Cost to get thru IVA and correctly registered would be from £600 up. I guess it depends on how much a road legal one is worth.

Mistral Motorsport

Westy1994

posted on 19/3/13 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
....""COMPLETELY ROAD LEGAL.

ON LOGBOOK AS AUSTIN MINI 1000 SO CAN BE INSURE AS CLASSIC MINI,VERY CHEAP....."

Why on earth did the seller put that, surely anyone who buys this car knows a bit about cars in the first place ??, He basically is condoning fraud with that line..!! And yes, what happens in an accident situation....... Keep away from that seller...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.