Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis fabrication/modification wanted.
PSpirine

posted on 28/4/13 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis fabrication/modification wanted.

Hi all,

Due to an insane amount of work going on (who knew that Land Rovers can't just develop themselves?!), I'd like to pay to get my chassis sorted if it's a reasonable sum of money, because otherwise I'll be without a kit for ages.

It's a narrowbody Westfield SE chassis, 1987 I believe. I purchased it with some mods needing doing..

Overall, it's in decent nick, no rust etc. but the following needs doing:

- New cross member tube welding in for steering column support
- Steering column support plates (for a Sierra column)
- Old Pinto engine mounts removing (already started)
- Zetec engine mounting plates welded on
- Engine bay side diagonal tube re-fabricating (currently dog-legged to avoid clash with pinto presumably)
- Engine bay top cross bar diagonal welding in (or could be bolt-in)
- Gearbox mounting plate welding
- Prop catchers welding on
- Tidying up of some tubes at the rear for the roll bar support
- Pedal box mounting plates welding on
- Bodywork mounting tabs welding on

- If it can also be blasted or dipped so it can be freshly painted that would be a bonus, but I'm guessing this is expensive.

Now I appreciate that may seem like a long list, but the majority of it is really small stuff, I just wanted to detail what's required completely.

I'm looking for some ballpark quotes so I can make a decision whether it's something I can afford or not, I will try to take some pictures at some point this week but it's not easy for me to get into the garage.

I appreciate that I could sort this out myself in a few weekends, but I just haven't got the weekends at the moment, I'd rather get on with the rest of the assembly, otherwise it'll be stuck forever.

I can provide all the bits such as bodywork, pedal box, Type 9 box, prop etc. together with the chassis if needed for mockup - engine might be a bit difficult as I've no way of transporting it.

I'm also not in a rush, so this can be done at a leisurely pace (just not as leisurely as mine at the moment)

If somebody on here does this sort of thing, please U2U me with details. Obviously the closer to postcode GL55 the better but am willing to travel further if necessary.

Cheers,
Pavel

PSpirine

posted on 7/5/13 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Still looking for someone to help me get my chassis in order so I can start getting on with the build!
Disgruntled karter

posted on 7/5/13 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I'd try giving Procomp a ring, I know somebody that owned a Westfield that they had Procomp sort out and they said it transformed the car
JAMSTER

posted on 7/5/13 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
i will do it but im in peterborough
PSpirine

posted on 7/5/13 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps.

I'm in Solihull most days for work (overseeing production of some very different kit cars ) so will get in touch with procomp as turns out they're only 10 miles away.

JAMSTER, thanks for the offer, I'll let you know following a chat with Procomp.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.