Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Stylus rebuild project
SCAR

posted on 30/4/13 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Stylus rebuild project

I have posted details and images of a stylus project I need to dispose of in reply to a post in the wanted section, finally accepting that I will never get round to doing it.
I have a pretty good idea of used kit car prices having bought and sold lots but as this is an incomplete non running project I am a bit lost.
Help me out, any ideas what it might be worth?

Alfa145

posted on 30/4/13 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think you might be best looking at it as a collection of parts rather than a car to get the most from it as it's a hell of a refurb job to get it back into road worthy condition, as you say it needs the body to come off the get at the hinges and chassis rails that need repairing/replacing. New tank, new roof, respray, new lights, an engine and exhaust... a lot of work and a lot of cash for someone to spend.

As it is in the pics a rolling chassis with V5 I'd guess £300-400. You may be able to get a bit more splitting it but quite a lot of parts are all unique to the stylus, some might be interchangeable with a fury.

I know I'd be interested in a couple of parts if you were to split it.

[Edited on 30/4/13 by Alfa145]

Werner Van Loock

posted on 30/4/13 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe more interest on clubstylus forum. www.clubstylus.be/forum

Can you u2u me with the V5 info about make, model and dates? May be interested myself.

[Edited on 30/4/13 by Werner Van Loock]

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clairetoo

posted on 30/4/13 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCAR
I have posted details and images of a stylus project I need to dispose of in reply to a post in the wanted section, finally accepting that I will never get round to doing it.
I have a pretty good idea of used kit car prices having bought and sold lots but as this is an incomplete non running project I am a bit lost.
Help me out, any ideas what it might be worth?

The big problem , as I see it from being in the same position , is that it is worth far more than people are willing to offer for it .
What does it cost to IVA and register a kit car ? around a thousand pounds I think........so £500 for a registered but incomplete car , when most believe you cant build one for less than £8000 is just taking the wee .
If I could get mine around the back of my house I would just leave it to disappear in the weeds........

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

mark chandler

posted on 30/4/13 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Surely something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it ?

I get the point on costs of IVA, however you can purchase numerous production cars for £500 that are fully legal aka IVA'd an MX5 for example.

TBH the registration on a tired kit car is a nice to have as you would expect any kit car that has been on the road to have this, in fact pre IVA, SVA was much cheaper I think it cost £150 so then this may be a more realistic price to attach to the bit of paper.

Just thinking out loud.....

designer

posted on 1/5/13 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Can you u2u me with the V5 info about make, model and dates

There could be something naughty being thought of here!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SCAR

posted on 1/5/13 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
If I rebuild it myself I may decide to replace most of the chassis and fit a new body
Alfa145

posted on 1/5/13 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

Can you u2u me with the V5 info about make, model and dates

There could be something naughty being thought of here!

Or more likely a guy in a foreign country that needs certain dates on the registration to get it imported and registered properly in there home country

Alfa145

posted on 1/5/13 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCAR
If I rebuild it myself I may decide to replace most of the chassis and fit a new body

I believe the molds for the body work are still in one piece and owned by someone but they are not in production. So could be fun finding a decent 2nd hand body to fit.

[Edited on 1/5/13 by Alfa145]

SCAR

posted on 1/5/13 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
I have a new set of Sylva Phoenix bodywork and a new Sylva Phoenix chassis, I would be using a different engine and gearbox so I am sure these could be made to fit.
(sorry but my humour can be a bit obtuse)

SCAR

posted on 8/5/13 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the interest in the car, rather tham pm everyone I have posted in the for sale section
big_wasa

posted on 8/5/13 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
A cracking price that will soon see it moving to its new home.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.