Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DIY seat runners
samjc

posted on 5/5/13 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
DIY seat runners

Hello all ok well first response I know I will get is that these are not runners but they do adjust just not in the easiest way, right so I have my fiberglass seats and floor all ready and my plan is I would like them to be bolted securely together but with the option of adjustment at a later date, so my plan is two piece of angle iron, angle ally or angle stainless (which ever I can get cheaply at the time) one rail either side of the seats fixed to the floor of the car the other cut to a slight angle to allow me to sit comfortably with a helmet bolted together with alen key bolts and nyloc nuts, the adjustment idea is to have holes drilled in set intervals along the bottom rail to allow other to drive.

Good idea ?

Any help as to material thickness as I know ally would need to be 5-6mm but would 3mm stainless be ok to support 105kg ?

designer

posted on 5/5/13 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
For the sake of £25 why not buy some?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
samjc

posted on 5/5/13 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Fancy being diffrent and had bad experience with some cheap seat runners
ReMan

posted on 5/5/13 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Tell us more.
Did they try to touch you inappropriately?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

britishtrident

posted on 5/5/13 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Tell us more.
Did they try to touch you inappropriately?

They hit the buffers when they came off the tracks.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

samjc

posted on 6/5/13 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
haha no but did scare the life out of me when something went twang under the seat when I adgusted the seat at some traffic lights after my brother borrowed my car, to then pull away well the car did but I flew back with the seat and it jammed fully back so had to dive forward to knock it out of gear and pull over but even in a vice with a perswasive hammer the rails would not budge so I tend to prefer fixed seating or leave the factory stuff in, maybe just me and cheap crap.
Anyone recomend spme good rails and and pictures of their set up, also has to be MR IVA friendly.

samjc

posted on 6/5/13 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
haha no but did scare the life out of me when something went twang under the seat when I adgusted the seat at some traffic lights after my brother borrowed my car, to then pull away well the car did but I flew back with the seat and it jammed fully back so had to dive forward to knock it out of gear and pull over but even in a vice with a perswasive hammer the rails would not budge so I tend to prefer fixed seating or leave the factory stuff in, maybe just me and cheap crap.
Anyone recomend spme good rails and and pictures of their set up, also has to be MR IVA friendly.

owelly

posted on 6/5/13 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Hows about fixed mounts on both seats but positioned with so you could swap the seats over giving different a position? A simple over-centre clip to secure each one?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
samjc

posted on 6/5/13 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds a good idea but what do you mean by a over centre clip ?
owelly

posted on 6/5/13 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Something like:
http://www.nfauto.co.uk/fasteners.htm

Little brackets to locate the seats with the clips to feep them pulled into the brackets.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.