Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA PASS !
Markyb13

posted on 16/5/13 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
IVA PASS !

After a nightmare start to the day with the car deciding not to start and just making the iva appointment in time, we finally passed IVA...... Sssooooooo happy
Went straight to the local dvla office with all my paperwork, Id, v55, insurance etc.. Only to be told by a lad who looked about twelve behind the counter that I now need to register the car on the hmrc website then I can apply for a registration ???? Apparently its a new rule that came out about a month ago !Got home looked it up and it looks this for imported cars ? I told him it not an import but said I still need to do it, anyone else heard of this.....feel quite annoyed now as it looks like he was talking rubbish and i will have to make another trip late next week, just waisting more time before i can get on the road mad:

[Edited on 16/5/13 by Markyb13]

mr T

posted on 16/5/13 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I rang dvla Swansea today just to see what the process was she told me to take all paper work to dvla local office if they where happy with evidence that I used all new parts I would pay £55 fee plus new tax disk cost ,and would be issued with a reg. the log book wood be posted to me

Well done on the pass you lucky bugger haha wish it was me

tony

[Edited on 16/5/13 by mr T]

dave107

posted on 16/5/13 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats on your pass where did you take your car, did you pass with no problems at all, got mine coming up next few weeks hopefully, sent paperwork of to VOSA yesterday.
Well done again

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Markyb13

posted on 16/5/13 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

It was tested at Edmonton, I then went to Chelsmford DVLA. I have to say the tester Paul was very helpful and did his best to get it through. It was our second attempt, the main fail first time was the emissions, this turned out to be mainly an issue with our power commander, she went straight through this time , after 18 mths of sweat, blood and many stressful weekends with lots of head scratching I finally got there......such a weight lifted and a real sense of achievement, just need to get her registered ASAP and hit the road Good luck with your test coming up, as long as you're prepared I'm sure you'll be fine...good luck !

Daddylonglegs

posted on 16/5/13 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Well done on the pass! It'll be on the road before you know it then you can forget all the red tape and cr*p

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

johnemms

posted on 17/5/13 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Well done !! p.s Make sure tyres are hot before giving it the beans!!

Own chassis & Build - First time pass!!
"7's" aren't really "cars", they are 'experiences"

mark w

posted on 17/5/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations on the pass pal, now your at the same point as me with registering it, I did the same as you & went straight to dvla local office, I paid the £55 + tax fee to then be told I will get an appointment to have the car inspected to make sure all items were new with receipts, they inspected yesterday, everything was ok. It will be processed & the tax/reg details etc will come in the post middle part of next week. It seems like a lottery, hope u get sorted soon buddy!

[Edited on 17/5/13 by mark w]

[Edited on 17/5/13 by mark w]

Markyb13

posted on 18/5/13 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
That's interesting, I managed to get out at lunchtime yesterday and pop back to the dvla office....hoping to get a reg number there and then........unfortunately not
However the guy took all my paperwork including an invoices from Chris at mnr with confirmation of newness, the guy said that they no longer have to inspect the cars and that I should have my reg number and tax by the end of next week, just hope I end up with a 13 reg and not a Q plate, fingers crossed.

Out of interest, I also paid the reg fee and road tax there and then, not sure how they calculated how much the tax should be as there was nothing stated on my IVA pass certificate relating to emissions. £140.00 for 12 mths on a R1 engine, just thought it might have been a bit less ??

big_l

posted on 18/5/13 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Well don boyo now all you 2 need to do is get the fucker up to Newark show # victory trip

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

FASTdan

posted on 18/5/13 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Congrats on the pass, good work!

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mark w

posted on 19/5/13 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
The tax just goes on the engine size & the fact that it is a car, mine was the same band as yours but I only went for 6 months. We'll have to wait & see who gets a registation 1st then pal!
tango man

posted on 20/5/13 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
£140 for 6mths is high, mine zx10 is £78. dvla told me £140 then i noticed they had it down as 1998cc a mistake on there part and sent me a new taxdisc ans a prepayed envelope to send the wrong one back and they send refund back to me
tango man

posted on 20/5/13 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
should have read properly first ignore me i had a bender on the malt last night ,
Markyb13

posted on 21/5/13 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nightmare of a day today with DVLA

Had a phone call today saying they want to inspect the car....which is fine, they are only available to inspect the cars on Wednesdays, go away on Saturday on holiday so thats the next couple of weeks out the window, also they stated that they needed an invoice for a new diff, i was pretty sure this was on the paperwork Chris gave me, they also said that the certificate of newness i had been supplied was not sufficient. Having now spoken to Chris he has informed me that i had taken the paperwork to probably the worst tax office as he is aware that they are particularly painful and insist you have a receipt for a brand new sierra diff... which no one makes!!! so Chris advised i retract my application, retrieve my paperwork and re submit to a different office............. so thats what if had to do this afternoon, i had to sign to say i wanted to cancel it, they then wouldn't give me my paperwork back, even though she had it in her hands (its has to be posted im afraid !!!) also got to wait 2 weeks to get my money back that i paid for the tax and reg fee..... bloody nightmare, why do they have to be so unhelpful!!!!!!!!! so word of warning i would avoid chelmsford when trying to register your car..............hopefully i will get it all sorted before the summer is over

mark w

posted on 22/5/13 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
By the sounds of it, it's best to try somewhere else! I had my paperwork for 13 plate & tax disc etc through the post on Monday, so pretty quick after inspection, just need to get my plates made up now & it's good to go!
rdodger

posted on 22/5/13 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
It's my understanding that to register a car as new it should be built from all new parts apart from one major component that has been rebuilt to as new condition.

Which part on your car is the reconditioned one?

If it isn't all new apart from the one reconditioned component then it shouldn't be registered new. It should be age related from a donor or a Q.

Markyb13

posted on 22/5/13 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations on getting your reg sorted Mark, hopefully ill be in your shoes before too much longer
Markyb13

posted on 11/6/13 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Finally got reg number today from dvla (13) whhhoooo bring on the sunshine!!!
mark w

posted on 11/6/13 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Nice 1 buddy! Enjoy!
daveb666

posted on 11/6/13 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markyb13
Finally got reg number today from dvla (13) whhhoooo bring on the sunshine!!!

Which dvla office did you use in the end?

Markyb13

posted on 11/6/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Borehamwood, so much better than Chelmsford who seem to go out of their way to be as painful as possible. Borehamwood didn't even want to inspect the car, dropped paperwork off Thursday afternoon, reg number and tax came this morning
Lightning

posted on 11/6/13 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man.l

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.