Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New member, new BEC project
deanspoors

posted on 19/5/13 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
New member, new BEC project

Hi guys,

Would just like to introduce myself, I'm Dean from the North East of England, I currently own an Evo IX FQ-360 and I've just bought myself a part built Westfield Megabusa, hoping to complete it within the next couple of months and then use it as a road/track/hillclimb car. I've got a few things to buy still and I'm hoping for some experienced input from yourselves on the things I still have to buy.. So here it goes;

I want some good quality seats that wont break the bank, I would prefer carbon... any recommendations?

I'm also after a digital dash, rather than the VDO type gauges, again recommendations?

Should I buy a wideband AFR for monitoring for a so far standard Hayabusa engine?

Where can I get some nice looking IVA complaint wing mirrors and rear mirror from?

Oh and why isn't there a Westfield part of the forum? I hope I haven't wandered into dangerous territory have I?

Cheers guys,

Dean

daniel mason

posted on 19/5/13 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
JK composite seats are decent. tillets even nicer in carbon but very dear!
stack dashes are really good as are race technology dash 2
westfields are generally not 'locost' but most of the ones ive seen are of a very good quality.id say better than nearly all except caterham.
gsxr 1000 mirrors are iva friendly and can be roll cage mounted if you have one!
IVA is expensive and a ball ache and id imagine by the time its iva's mapped,registered,taxed,insured,geometry setup,seats,mirrors etc you will be another £2 grand + worse off!

deanspoors

posted on 19/5/13 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the heads up on the JK seats, they look good. Do you know if they do them in full carbon?
I think the dash will have to be a Race Technology one, I'll keep an eye out for a second hand one if they're not too rare!
I got the car for a good price I think so another 2k will not upset me too much... not once I'm driving it anyways I hope

bi22le

posted on 19/5/13 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
JK composite seats are decent. tillets even nicer in carbon but very dear!
stack dashes are really good as are race technology dash 2
westfields are generally not 'locost' but most of the ones ive seen are of a very good quality.id say better than nearly all except caterham.
gsxr 1000 mirrors are iva friendly and can be roll cage mounted if you have one!
IVA is expensive and a ball ache and id imagine by the time its iva's mapped,registered,taxed,insured,geometry setup,seats,mirrors etc you will be another £2 grand + worse off!

All good and accurate advice. The only thing I would add is not to bother with the afr. Just get a power commander and good rolling road.

Also +1 on digidash 2. Very nice peice of kit but there are others like stock busy dash, kosi.

Welcome along. Westfields are nice chassis,.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

daniel mason

posted on 19/5/13 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
have you got the dry sump kit too?

daniel mason

posted on 19/5/13 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
have you got the dry sump kit too?

deanspoors

posted on 19/5/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
The car comes with a swinging arm wet sump, can't remember off the top of my head which company it's from, but it's brand new. What advantages would I get having a power commander?
daniel mason

posted on 19/5/13 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
does the pickup swing through 360 degrees? i would not risk that sticking and go for a d/s setup but that will be over £1k from sbd!
power commanders can adjust fuelling etc like a piggyback to standard ecu to maximise performance and safety

Custardpants

posted on 19/5/13 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I had a swinging pickup but then switched to an SBD dry Sump. I certainly don't regret it as the oil pressure is far better with it too. Expensive but I recommend it if you are going to drive the car 'properly'.
Benzo

posted on 19/5/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Brand new full carbon Tillet if you are wanting one -

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=180833

deanspoors

posted on 20/5/13 at 04:32 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Benzo,

Just a little bit on the expensive side for me unfortunately, £300 maybe

I think I'm just going to stick with the wet sump for the time being, once I'm all IVA'd and want a few more BHP, I'll look at getting an already modified engine.

Benzo

posted on 20/5/13 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deanspoors
Hi Benzo,

Just a little bit on the expensive side for me unfortunately, £300 maybe

I think I'm just going to stick with the wet sump for the time being, once I'm all IVA'd and want a few more BHP, I'll look at getting an already modified engine.

You'll not get full carbon for cheaper.

tango man

posted on 20/5/13 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
dont forget to start and build a documented history on car , i bought a part built car and when i applied for iva i got nocked down on a few things , photos of build looked like professional premises, and more than my name on invoices , vosa rung me up and told me that i could not apply for iva as the person who started build has to finish and iva it. got it sorted in the end but was a real ball ache
T66

posted on 20/5/13 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=181781

get it bought

deanspoors

posted on 20/5/13 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hi T66,

what is that link? it takes me to the contribute screen!

johnny chimpo

posted on 20/5/13 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Because your not a paid up member you wont be able to view topics less than 48hours old i think. Its a link to a digidash for sale on here for £250. Get paid up..... ;-)
deanspoors

posted on 20/5/13 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
ahhhh, it has no sensors. I think I'll hold out for a Race Technology Dash!

[Edited on 20/5/13 by deanspoors]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.