Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eBay numpties!
SteveMX5

posted on 27/5/13 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
eBay numpties!

Why oh why oh why do people insist on list things on eBay as an auction and then ending them early?

Had a bid on a part built roadster then surprise surprise it was pulled this morning! Thanks for that, I gave up the chance of a cheap Fury because I had the bid on it.

Really P's me off

Anyway Rant over

mazie

posted on 27/5/13 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Oh yes couldn't agree more had it happen to me the other week and they pulled it because it was obviously going too cheap! If you want a minimum then bloomin well list it with that !
Scuzzle

posted on 27/5/13 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Agree with you totally, there'a a seller been listing a stainless steel exhaust that would suit my daily driver - Honda Civic. They are £250 but they insist on putting one up for no reserve 99p start auction which only ever reaches around £50 then pulling it on the last day siting an error in the listing. They have done this so many times now I have given up bidding on it as I know whats coming.
v8kid

posted on 27/5/13 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveMX5
Why oh why oh why do people insist on list things on eBay as an auction and then ending them early?

Had a bid on a part built roadster then surprise surprise it was pulled this morning! Thanks for that, I gave up the chance of a cheap Fury because I had the bid on it.

Really P's me off

Anyway Rant over

Why don't you contact him via ebay and make an offer? The worst he can do is say no!

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 27/5/13 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scuzzle
Agree with you totally, there'a a seller been listing a stainless steel exhaust that would suit my daily driver - Honda Civic. They are £250 but they insist on putting one up for no reserve 99p start auction which only ever reaches around £50 then pulling it on the last day siting an error in the listing. They have done this so many times now I have given up bidding on it as I know whats coming.

Let me guess 2 fast 2 cool or something like that. He does that with every thing.

big_wasa

posted on 27/5/13 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Really P's me off

Anyway Rant over

There is always two sides to the coin. Ever sold anything of value on there ?

You get people bid, the auction ends and they never show up or answer emails. Next thing you know ebay have slapped you with the listing and final valuation fees. You have to wait weeks before claiming it back or being able to relist.

A bird in the hand an' all that.

Treat it like advertising and you get a deal that both parties except and your more likely to get paid and only have the listing fees to pay on ebay.

I was watching the Haynes aswell as its in the same town.

SteveMX5

posted on 27/5/13 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
quote:

Really P's me off

Anyway Rant over

There is always two sides to the coin. Ever sold anything of value on there ?

You get people bid, the auction ends and they never show up or answer emails. Next thing you know ebay have slapped you with the listing and final valuation fees. You have to wait weeks before claiming it back or being able to relist.

A bird in the hand an' all that.

Treat it like advertising and you get a deal that both parties except and your more likely to get paid and only have the listing fees to pay on ebay.

I was watching the Haynes aswell as its in the same town.

I understand what you're saying but the point is the item was listed as an auction. If there is a minimum price the vendor wants then either list it with a reserve price or start the auction at the minimum price.

The only thing the vendor is doing is alienating potential buyers such as myself, if the item is listed again I certainly won't be wasting my time bidding on it.

Also if the vendor is only after people to contact them and make offers then use the classified listing option.

Scuzzle

posted on 27/5/13 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
I got my MK1 Fiesta cheap because of an Ebay no show, guy sold it first time round for £900, buyer never showed to seal the deal and when he re-listed it I got it for £180.
I never knew this because I always assume when a car gets re-listed it's because the buyer has turned up, seen the car in the flesh and it's a total shed and walked away, which is not always the case but just what you assume.

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 27/5/13 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
I understand what you're saying but the point is the item was listed as an auction. If there is a minimum price the vendor wants then either list it with a reserve price or start the auction at the minimum price.

The only thing the vendor is doing is alienating potential buyers such as myself, if the item is listed again I certainly won't be wasting my time bidding on it.

Also if the vendor is only after people to contact them and make offers then use the classified listing option.

I'm in agreement, I know what I want for most things I sell on eBay so I pay a bit more in listing fees and put items up at a price a bit higher than I'm happy to take on a buy it now/best offer basis!

Aaron

Work to Live don't Live to Work

morcus

posted on 27/5/13 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thats something that puts me off buying, its just like those ads you get where they put the wrong price in and then say in the ad not 750 but 1750 to get out of paying the full fee then your searches end up full of stuff you dont want. Dealerships in lodon tend to be worst, you get a few pages of adds for new bentlys and bmws that are listed at a pound.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.