Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA INCOMPETENCE TAX DEP
wz1musik

posted on 14/6/13 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
DVLA INCOMPETENCE TAX DEP

Getting really annoyed with the DVLA,

when I registered the Kit car I put on the forms the Donor reg mark and confirmed the remains of the donor car had been scrapped, when DVLA inspected the kit car and processed my forms and IVA cert they issued me with a new V5C with a different reg number and I had to surrender to them the old V5C for the donor car reg.

role on a year later and I get a tax reminder for taxing the donor car. so I call them and I m told to write in. so I write in advising car no longer exists and DVLA gave me new reg for the donor car/kit car combo.

never heard anything.

then I get a late licenceing penalty of £80. so I write again saying the donor car and kit car are one and the same and you have two reg numbers open on your database for 1 car, its your mistake!

I get an acknolwdgement and and increased penalty and demand for the tax - for the donor car still! which has no mot or insurance because it doesn't damn well exist any more!

anyway rollon 2 more letters from me and the same crap back from DVLA and by the way you cannot talk to the enforcement part of the DVLA, just a payment clerk - oh boy did she get an ear full!

I find this morning I hve a letter telling me I am going to get a £1000 fine and CCJ and are coming to collect the vehicle!

very annoyed with this so again have written another letter, and to DVLA complaints department and DVLA chief exec. .

anyone else experienced anything similar??

Kind Regards

Wesley

chris-g

posted on 14/6/13 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
I am currently in dispute with DVLA and wont go into details as it is currently with the Parliamentary Ombudsman. You are doing the right thing, follow the DVLA complaints procedure, even thought it may not get you the correct response. By doing so you can have the case looked at by the independent complaints assessor (a person appointed by the Department for Transport) and ultimately the Parliamentary Ombudsman. Remember keep details of dates times and the names of people at DVLA you speak to as well as a summery of what happened and what was said and make copies of all correspondence you send to them. Its also worth sending any letters by registered mail so you have proof of delivery. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be.
wz1musik

posted on 14/6/13 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
thank you its encouraging to know I am doing the right thing! I appreciate the response.

Kind Regards

Wesley

EX01

posted on 14/6/13 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
You’re not alone, wanted to sell motorbike exported to Denmark. Rang DVLA for advice....
“Write to us and tell us as well as sending the V5”
So I do just that, then about 9 months later I get a letter saying I may get fined for not taxing my bike...
I rang the number provided on the letter they tell me “We don’t have any control over the DVLA we just issue the fines, you need to speak to the DVLA”
So I rang DVLA, they asked to write another letter telling them I had exported it, so I wrote a letter explaining the bike had been exported.
I get a letter about 2 months later informing I owe £100 fine.....
So I ring them, and get told “Send another letter” So I did (all letters recorded delivery).
I then get a notice of intent of prosecution for none payment of fine....
I send it back covered in expletives telling them where to go because I have proof I contacted them many times and have exported the bike.
Letter back 2 weeks later saying “Thanks for letting us know”

Have also applied for a replacement Licence over 4 times and every time been refunded as “There was an error” When I asked what it was I was told “Unknown”

The beauty of a build is not the build or the drive when it’s done, it’s the sneaking the funds slowly past the wife as she remains blissfully unaware!

stevebubs

posted on 15/6/13 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
IMO, always give DVLA a simple answer - you no longer own the car, and haven't done since X. If you give them any more information, it's likely to confuse the poor mites....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.