New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: another reincarnated dutton
bigrich

posted on 14/6/13 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
another reincarnated dutton

spotted this on the bay of E. looks an expensive ringer to my eyes

SUBARU IMPREZA POWERED ROAD LEGAL BUGGY | eBay

[Edited on 14/6/13 by bigrich]

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

Slimy38

posted on 14/6/13 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
That's got a front end profile of a Sonic 7 unless I'm mistaken? Not sure what's going on with the back end though.

If I was the DVLA I'd simply go to all supposed Dutton owners and ask for a photo of their car...

gremlin1234

posted on 14/6/13 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
road legal?
wouldn't pass an mot
no rear reflectors for a start.
appears to be Y reg, and no rear fog light.

slingshot2000

posted on 14/6/13 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Did anyone report it to eBay?

I did, I HATE "ringers". I report every single one I see, and keep reporting them until they are de-listed!

Don't get me started on a rant about "ringers", I want to enjoy the week-end !

Regards
Jon

Ninehigh

posted on 14/6/13 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
How can you tell it's a ringer?

slingshot2000

posted on 14/6/13 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, it may not be a "ringer", but it certainly is NOT a Dutton by any means !

Regards
Jon

jossey

posted on 14/6/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=181812

BACK ON SALE AGAIN.

ANOTHER RINGER......

its registered as a dutton and not using dutton chassis so its a ringer.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrism

posted on 14/6/13 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
How odd, its for sale by a different seller in a different area.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

snakebelly

posted on 15/6/13 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Who probably bought it last time and now cant wait to get rid as he has realised what he has?
Not Anumber

posted on 15/6/13 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Without advocating ringers surely it is a better result to keep an interesting kit car on the road rather than seeing it scrapped, even if it has had rather a significant rebuild along the line.

Its not something i would do myself but I'm amazed at the intense level of vehemence from some LCB members towards that sort of thing, it doesnt appear to be representative of the views of the wider kit car owning community.

"I report every single one I see, and keep reporting them until they are de-listed!" Blimey, why do they cause you so much offence ? Surely there are enough other more pressing things to get involved in sorting out, other more tangible crusades to fight.

iank

posted on 15/6/13 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Do you actually believe there is any dutton chassis left in that car? It's just putting the numbers and V5 from another car onto it and weighing in the remains (or selling them as "unfinished project dutton" on ebay - look out for them you can often see where the plates used to be bolted on).

There are a number of reasons people get upset, in no particular order order.

Why should I spend £1000-2000 to get my car through IVA when "he" buys a scrap kit with a V5 for £50?
IVA is a safety check, dodge it and someone could get killed when a wheel falls off.
There is now only 1 interesting car on the road rather than 2.
Insurance won't be valid so someone's going to get a nasty surprise when there is a prang.
Selling a ringer means someone else is getting ripped off due to the above and may have their new car crushed.
If/when the Government/EU see this going on they could ban kit-cars from the roads and only companies supplying built cars will be allowed to sell 7's or make them even more expensive to register.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

loggyboy

posted on 15/6/13 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Do you actually believe there is any dutton chassis left in that car? It's just putting the numbers and V5 from another car onto it and weighing in the remains (or selling them as "unfinished project dutton" on ebay - look out for them you can often see where the plates used to be bolted on).

Why should I spend £1000-2000 to get my car through IVA when "he" buys a scrap kit with a V5 for £50?
IVA is a safety check, dodge it and someone could get killed when a wheel falls off.
Insurance won't be valid so someone's going to get a nasty surprise when there is a prang.
Selling a ringer means someone else is getting ripped off due to the above and may have their new car crushed.
If/when the Government/EU see this going on they could ban kit-cars from the roads and only companies supplying built cars will be allowed to sell 7's or make them even more expensive to register.

100% +1

Mistral Motorsport

mookaloid

posted on 15/6/13 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank

Very well put sir

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

SCAR

posted on 15/6/13 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think the reason for any outrage is due to the inconsistency regarding the implementation of the law.
For example I might get pulled up and fined for having a brake light out or a smaller the regulation number plate when someone is allowed to drive around in an illegally registered, untested (non IVA) car with invalid insurance. My car might fail its MOT on a worn drop link and another car gets a pass when it isn't correctly registered or been through the legally required safety checks of an IVA.
The responsible seem to be discriminated against and therefore feel aggrieved.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.