Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: m62 pulley. solid type
Craigorypeck

posted on 25/6/13 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
m62 pulley. solid type

Hi All.

i have removed the electro mag clutch from the front of an eaton m62 and need a solid replacement. are there any off the shelf items to do this conversion? I'm looking for a pulley between 60 and 70 mm.. Any help much appreciated

froggy

posted on 25/6/13 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
I had one made for mine , a local guy charged me £100 which was fair given how long it took , I searched all over but couldn't find a solid conversion pulley for the clutched m62

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Craigorypeck

posted on 26/6/13 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
I see some of the vw guys manage to get a pulley on...
Did you cut back the snout? What about the splined drive?
Any pics?

froggy

posted on 26/6/13 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Use the centre of the clutch assembly and bolt the new pulley onto it so the charger is still un modified

Craigorypeck

posted on 26/6/13 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
hi. so do you use the flat plate that goes on the front and drill and tap a few holes so its permanently in drive? did you swap over the inner bearing too to keep it running true? Thanks froggy
froggy

posted on 26/6/13 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
The new pulley replaces the old one and you drive it with the end plate and a few tapped holes in the end of the pulley . No other mods needed .

old_timbo

posted on 27/6/13 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I've gone the other way on my Pinto and kept the standard pulley (but bolted up as above) on the M62. However I have modified a twin belt crank pulley, loosing the outer 'V', to take power steering pulleys. Seem to be several of different ones available with similar mounting dimensions. Using a VW pulley gave a ratio of 1:1.26 and I got a boost of about 2.5 psi. This was enough to prove everything worked OK. Just about to fit a pulley off a BMW which is larger and will give a 1:1.53 ratio. If my calcs are correct I should get about 8psi boost, which is probably enough on standard internals. 2.5psi gave a big performance hike, so 8 psi should be bonkers.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.