Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Airfield day issues?
number-1

posted on 26/6/13 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Airfield day issues?

Has anyone ever had an issue with an airfield track day? Ive looked at one and read the TDO T&Cs......

Please note that we do not allow any out and out, dedicated race or competition cars to participate, our events are track days and not test days for race cars. There are of course cross over cars (Road Saloons, some Rally Cars and of course many Kit type such as Caterhams and Westfields) which attend our events and whilst they may not be used on the road they could be; these cars are very welcome as long as they are well prepared and safe. What we don't allow are GT race cars, single seaters, sports racing cars (such as Radicals unless road legal) etc

My car is a single seater but not a race car. Its not road legal but has front,rear lights, brake lights, number plate light.

Ive emailed the TDO and spoken to them today and the lady has passed my email to someone else as she doesnt think the car will be allowed on the airfield.......my car is in my photos archive.........what do you guys think? Does it breach the above?

whitestu

posted on 26/6/13 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
I would say it does, but depends how much they want your money!

Stick a set of number plates on it - I've never been asked for a V5.

Stu

mookaloid

posted on 26/6/13 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
I think the clues are it's a single seater and looks like a race car so on that basis it probably doesn't meet their requirements.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

iank

posted on 26/6/13 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Is it possible to stick in another seat pad your seat is off to one side already (the 750mc regulations demand this for example, though you'd need to be a deformed goblin to actually sit in one). But you still risk turning up and not being allowed to run.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

chrism

posted on 26/6/13 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
I wonder if they would allow a road legal single seater, such as that one MK Engineering used to make, I think it was called the Sprint-R or something.

Maybe its more about slicks and wings, etc. as a single seater really is not that much different from a locost as long as its fitted with mudguards, lights etc.

I suppose the other option is if you have a basic race Licence (B I think) then you can use the test days at real circuits, dont think the price is that bad and normally its an open pit policy, and may not be as busy as a normal track day, possibly less noise restrictions aswell depending on the airfield for the trackday.

[Edited on 26/6/13 by chrism]

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.