Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: "Vettel keen for say on new teammate"
Daddylonglegs

posted on 27/6/13 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
"Vettel keen for say on new teammate"

I bet he is! Probably wants someone who will move over at the slightest nod!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

scudderfish

posted on 27/6/13 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Massa?
omega0684

posted on 27/6/13 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
From what I have read and seen on sky F1, it's more than likely going to be Raikkonen. He's out of contract with Lotus at the end of the season and apparently Lotus are strapped for cash.

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I can't see him wanting to play second fiddle to Vettel.

I want to see them do something really brave, hire 20 drivers and have a different man each race.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

britishtrident

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Kimi is the name at the head of the short list, we would show finger boy the way home.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

loggyboy

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
From what I have read and seen on sky F1, it's more than likely going to be Raikkonen. He's out of contract with Lotus at the end of the season and apparently Lotus are strapped for cash.

Would be just like LH and FA again at mclaren in 2007. Raikkonen is also too much of a one man band to want to play happy families that redbull do.

Mistral Motorsport

six mad

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Yes Kimi will defo be considered, but i would think he would far more popular and overshadow Vettel.

My guess is, one of the sister team drivers (Vergne probably) or another young driver who will tow the line in the red bull team.

scootz

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm hoping for Kimi to RB and Paul Di Resta to Lotus!

It's Evolution Baby!

morcus

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Max Chilton?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

scootz

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Max Chilton?

What about him?

It's Evolution Baby!

omega0684

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Max Chilton?

Who's that? oh yeah, the guy at the back!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ross05

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think that would be an excellent choice scootz should make for an interesting 2014 season
scootz

posted on 27/6/13 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
The reason I'm thinking DiR is moving somewhere is due to Force Indias apparently out-of-the-blue statement yesterday saying that they wouldn't stand in his way if a bigger team came in for him.

This was before MW's decision was made public, so I guess there's been some whispering going on between teams and agents.

TBH, I hope it's not a case of Paul going to RB as SV's poodle as that move would suffocate his development. Lotus would be a far better step career wise!

It's Evolution Baby!

designer

posted on 28/6/13 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
It's either Raikkonen or DiResta. They are getting ready for Vettel to move to Ferrari.
mds167

posted on 28/6/13 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Haven't the Lotus team just got new funding? Two new investors in the last couple of months?
Infinity Racing and an English property developer.

It would be a shame if Lotus lose Kimi, he looks quite comfortable there. I don't think he'd care if he was up against Vettel but I don't think he'd like being a 'number 2' driver.

if Di Resta goes to Red Bull, will they be to blame when it doesn't go his way?

Bianchi to replace Massa at the end of the season?

"No, you can't lick the system; but you can give it a damn good fondling."

MikeCapon

posted on 28/6/13 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
I don't really buy all this Raikkonen to RBR stuff. Kimi would not put up with their $hit for more than 5 minutes without going off on one. Add to that Horner's apparent inability to manage conflict involving the chosen one and you've got a recipe for disaster. Surely Mateschitz will have figured that one out for himself. Unless he's listening to Helmet again....

www.shock-factory.co.uk

Not Anumber

posted on 28/6/13 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure but one thing I can be sure of is that F1 will be a poorer sport without Mark Webber

loggyboy

posted on 28/6/13 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
Not sure but one thing I can be sure of is that F1 will be a poorer sport without Mark Webber

Meh - whilst he seems a very likable chap, and a very good F1 driver, i dont think hes one of the 'will be missed' greats. Hes more of a baricello type, was sadly seemed to be destined to be number 2, even with an equal chance/car (ie 2010 for Webber, 2009 with Brawn for baricello) he just couldnt quite deliver.

Mistral Motorsport

russbost

posted on 28/6/13 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Obvious choice surely has to be Ricciardo (Sp?), already contracted to Red Bull & very quick, plus will do just what the team tell him with respect to Vettel

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
CNHSS1

posted on 28/6/13 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Red Bull has been longtime sponsor of Raikkonnen, so the pathways already there too

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.