Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MEGASQUIRT EGO Feedback and Accelerator Enrichments
mackei23b

posted on 1/7/13 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
MEGASQUIRT EGO Feedback and Accelerator Enrichments

Hi there

I'm not far off having my final mapping complete (well good enough for a while) and I'm just looking for advice regarding the EGO Feedback and the Accelerator Enrichment settings that people have used when Alpha N is used for the load.

I'm running an MSII with an LC-1 and I'm using tuner studio. The engine is a rover K series with throttle bodies, uprated cams etc.

Any advice gratefully received.

Best regards

Ian

[Edited on 1/7/13 by mackei23b]

mark chandler

posted on 1/7/13 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Turn off acceleration enrichments and map with slow throttle movements so you get an accurate reading, once the car is optimised then add these enrichments, in theory a perfectly mapped car should only need small acceleration enrichments and then only for harsh throttle movements.
mackei23b

posted on 1/7/13 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark / All

I've done most of the mapping so I'm after an idea of the settings (or a good starting point) for turning it back on in tuner studio with an alpha n set up.

I'm making the assumption that the acceleration enrichment should be set to discard the MAP and only use a percentage change of the throttle. For the EGO, again I'm just looking for the best settings as a starter for 10.

Here are a couple of screenshots of my options:

Thanks in advance.

Ian

me!

posted on 1/7/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ian,

My AE settings are by no means perfect, but you can get a start point by sitting in the car prodding the accelerator whilst watching the graph on the AE wizard page. This will give you a clue where to aim your rates, and you can tweak the PW until you get rid of the AFR spikes.

Mine are in the picture below, but as I said, far from perfect. I found it better using some MAP on mine so I have gone for 60% TPS. You are currently showing 0% TPS in your screen shot, i.e. MAP only.

AE Settings
AE Settings

I'm not using EGO as I'm still tuning, so I can't help you there I'm afraid.

Oh and it drives at least 800 times better with some AE!

Craig

matt_gsxr

posted on 1/7/13 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
I leave EGO off. You shouldn't need it.

I can't say I have enjoyed tuning AE. It is tricky to get it perfect.

Regarding AE. I think you can have lower thresholds on your TPS (200 is high and will mean you get nothing unless you give the pedal a decent stab), 50 is more like it you want a value where you don't get enrichment from TPS noise. I also think that you are 100% map at the moment (as mentioned earlier).

There is one more tuning parameter available, that is the RPM thresholds. These are a strange beast which basically tapers down the amount of AE with RPM. Another thing to fiddle with (when you have too little AE at low RPM and too much at high RPM, or the other way around).

Hint. When looking at the logs there is a TPSAcc value. This is a strange beast. Basically it is a percentage when it is applying a fuel cut (i.e. deceleration fuel cut), but is in units of ms when you are getting enrichment (wierd, but quite useful).

One final thought. For your spark table you might consider the Dave Walker EFI tuning book. It is written for Emerald, but he has reprinted the spark table which you could duplicate. Just a thought, but it does do some clever stuff around the idle position which I think is worth replicating.

old_timbo

posted on 1/7/13 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
If you are using TPS for AE, its worth checking how much noise you have on the signal. Too much and it triggers AE. I've found that TP is my noisiest signal so am 100% MAP.
mackei23b

posted on 2/7/13 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comments so far.

I'll check the TPS for noise, I'm running a screened cable for the TPS so it will be inetresting to review.

Cheers

Ian

coyoteboy

posted on 2/7/13 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
I find I get multiple AE firings for TPS and MAP AE at times, caused by both MAP and TPS "noise" but it's not noise, it's often just my foot jumping or actual air pressure fluctuation in the manifold -bit of a nightmare. I leave EGO off until the main tables are tuned steady state, then enable it with very small authority to correct for things like sensor nonlinearity and the fact that my air temp sensor gets heatsoaked and starts to lean me out if I'm stuck at lights for too long.

Valtra

posted on 8/7/13 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
I guess if the EGO control is disabled then the AFR is just monitored rather than influencing? If I were to disable my EGO would the VE self tuner be able to then work better or worse?

just trying to get my head around it .....

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

mackei23b

posted on 8/7/13 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there

Some of the mapping software will recognise any EGO Feedback / Accelerator Enrichments so it will make no difference as to whether they are turned on or off.

The latest version of Tuner Studio takes account of this as the guide says "There is no need to disable Gego correction, Accel enrich or over run drive under the same configuration as you would any other time you are driving the car."

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ian

quote:
Originally posted by Valtra
I guess if the EGO control is disabled then the AFR is just monitored rather than influencing? If I were to disable my EGO would the VE self tuner be able to then work better or worse?

Valtra

posted on 8/7/13 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mackei23b
Hi there

Some of the mapping software will recognise any EGO Feedback / Accelerator Enrichments so it will make no difference as to whether they are turned on or off.

The latest version of Tuner Studio takes account of this as the guide says "There is no need to disable Gego correction, Accel enrich or over run drive under the same configuration as you would any other time you are driving the car."

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ian

quote:
Originally posted by Valtra

yes it does but this talk of getting a good tune before enabling ego control has me wondering if I'm trying to do too much too soon with a raw project

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.