Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: boot loader ?
Valtra

posted on 7/7/13 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
boot loader ?

Quick one ...

What do I need the bootloader wire for ? I've wired it via a switch to earth . but how and when does it get used?

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

me!

posted on 7/7/13 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
You earth it when you want to change the firmware on your ECU.

I have a microsquirt and I changed to the latest MS extra code which was an improvement over the pre loaded one. It depends what firmware + ECU you are on currently as to whether you would benefit from changing it.

MikeRJ

posted on 7/7/13 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't bother with plumbing in a switch unless you hide it and make sure there is absolutely no way it can be accidentally toggled. I could just see it causing a lot of pain if someone hits the switch whilst climbing out of the car etc. and leaving you scratching your head as to why it won't start when you get back to it.
Valtra

posted on 7/7/13 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Every day's a school day

Got to scrape it through it's mot tomorrow and have had zero time over the weekend to try and get it to run better . Hoping my overheating woes have been fixed with a new thermostat and careful refilling but if not it could be a fraught day, also wish I was nearer to a decent mapping facility so that I could get it going properly as I'm stabbing in the dark at the moment .

If I set up new efi extra firmware would I still use efi anylitics, tuner studio software?

me!

posted on 7/7/13 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
If you post up what ECU, firmware and engine setup you have I'm sure someone will be able to advise better than me- I'm not brilliant with it myself. If it runs and you have a MOT so soon I would leave the firmware well alone for the time being!
Valtra

posted on 7/7/13 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by me!
If you post up what ECU, firmware and engine setup you have I'm sure someone will be able to advise better than me- I'm not brilliant with it myself. If it runs and you have a MOT so soon I would leave the firmware well alone for the time being!

I think I need someone to tell me how to find all that stuff first !!!!!

Valtra

posted on 8/7/13 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
but as an attempt

Fiat Twin cam 1.6 with Strada Abarth cams Microsquirtv3 (MS2) with edis GSXR600 (K6/7) on single Brown injectors. don't have a clue about the firmware.

JPSeuropa

posted on 9/8/13 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think it is required once you are running the MS Extra code. You have the option of using it or not using it in the burn sequence dialog.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.