Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where in Herts was top gear filmed?
smart51

posted on 7/7/13 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Where in Herts was top gear filmed?

It looked more like somewhere nice like the north. I want to go there very soon.

[Edited on 7-7-2013 by smart51]

theconrodkid

posted on 7/7/13 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
said letchworth,the mountins looked a bit more like iceland ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

blakep82

posted on 7/7/13 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect it was more a sarcastic comment on the overcrowding on london and the surrounding areas. More likely wales or scotland

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ianm67

posted on 7/7/13 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Top Gear

One of the towns that he drove the F12 through was Pitlochry..... Definitely well north of the border......

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

Not Anumber

posted on 8/7/13 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be in the studio audiance at Dunsfold next week.

owelly

posted on 8/7/13 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
I seem to recall a tweet from JC which suggested they were playing with the F12 up on the A86 so that corralates with Pitlochry.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carlknight1982

posted on 8/7/13 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Didn't look anything like Letchworth to me

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

mcerd1

posted on 8/7/13 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carlknight1982
Didn't look anything like Letchworth to me

thats because its quite blatantly Pitlochry !

its only 7 hours from Letchworth though

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Letchworth&daddr=52.1858019,-0.8956134+to:Pitlochry,+Perth+and+Kinross+PH16,+UK&hl=en&sll=56.704361,- 3.729711&sspn=0.022852,0.056133&geocode=FUIjGQMdwIr8_ynRqLvLMzJ2SDHEv3K29RMZTg%3BFclKHAMdg1Xy_ykvYiUY9QV3SDFTS7bcfiQRZw%3BFWk9YQMd0RbH_ymxa-dV kQKGSDF-QBA0KRGWgA&mra=ls&t=m&z=6&via=1

its not filmed at this time of year or you wouldn't be able to move for tour buses, caravans etc....

[Edited on 8/7/2013 by mcerd1]

-

sdh2903

posted on 8/7/13 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'm only 90 mins or so away

I was planning on heading up there either very early one Sunday morning or on a weekday hopefully traffic wouldn't be too bad. I've a biker mate in perth who's been itching for a run out.

Not Anumber

posted on 18/7/13 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
I had a great day out yesterday at Dunsfold Acrodrome for the filming on this Sunday's Top Gear.
Despite being one of the hottest days of the year blissfully the hanger itself was fairly cool and well ventilated. The recording took place in strict sequence and all the outdoor footage was shown on big screen at the same point as they would be shown on TV so it seemed more like a live broadcast. The studio/ hanger is exactly as it appears on TV and the light levels for the presenters were about the same as in most indoor working environments.
Perhaps the biggest surprise was the lack of difference between Jeremy Clarkson's on screen and off screen persona. Whilst the others were a bit quieter when the cameras weren't on and would stand waiting for the next bit unless someone in the audience chatted to them (which happened often) Mr Clarkson was even more talkative off screen. He swore a bit but it was very good natured In the break time when we all left the hanger for our complimentary tea and crisps James May wandered out and spent his break time chatting to everyone and thanking the staff who were serving the tea. What a thoroughly nice bloke he is, friendly and genuine.
I was impressed with how very relaxed and informal the whole thing was. I'd expected lots of exclusion zones with production assistants telling audience members where to stand and when to laugh and having to stand about through multiple retakes of the same scene but it wasn't like that at all. The only rules were phones on silent, don't lean on the cars, no flash photography during filming and to make way when the presenters need to walk through to another part of the set.
We ended up right next to the presenters a couple of times and near the end my wife decided to lean over and shake hands with Hugh Jackman this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car as he walked past. I was waiting for half a dozen security guards to materialise and tell her off but she got the handshake and a big grin from the presenters.

Chris_vrs

posted on 18/7/13 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Well I have lived in Herts and Beds since I was born and have been to every Town and Village and i am pretty sure that was not Herts Beds or Bucks. Looks very Scotland too me !

www.gardencitylocksmiths.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.