Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Just discovered knees don't like being bent sideways.
NigeEss

posted on 18/7/13 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Just discovered knees don't like being bent sideways.

Lovely evening so went out on the bike (ZX9r C1) and stopped at a mates for a brew. He lives on a hill so I
should have turned round and parked but I didn't. Parked at quite an angle to get it as flat as poss, got off
and shook the bike to ensure it was stable, ok. Stood next to it, took off gloves then helmet and just about
to walk away when the bastard fell on me. Knee sideways and bloody painful to even walk
Also broke the clutch lever so the traffic lights on the way home were fun.......not..

I apologize in advance for the lack of gory pics but there is no outward wound apart from a small graze.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Macbeast

posted on 19/7/13 at 04:50 AM Reply With Quote
In that case, you'll be thrilled to hear that I slipped on some wet leaves last Christmas and my leg went at a funny angle to my knee. I think I damaged the cartilege or something because it still hurts

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

owelly

posted on 19/7/13 at 05:42 AM Reply With Quote
I stopped my bike and managed to put my foot on a crisp packet. Foot slipped out from under me as the bike toppled over. It seems I could do the splits after all. Thankfully, it was in the middle of town, in the middle of summer, so there were plenty of folks to laugh at me.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mookaloid

posted on 19/7/13 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Ouch

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/7/13 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Bad luck, that does sound painful

Side stands are tricky sods, always seem to look like an after thought

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 19/7/13 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
Ouch I feel for you.

Petrol stations are getting worse for having diesel slopped around the pumps, I've almost done the splits a couple of times.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 19/7/13 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
My one and only drop on my VFR was after 7 years of riding it, I went over on the wet grass at the end of our drive, smacked in 2 bits of fairing, squashed my knee and burnt my leg on the pipe! All that at around 1mph

Hope you mend soon

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

daniel mason

posted on 19/7/13 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
which way did you knee bend. ive done my ligaments 3 times now and rehab takes a long long time!

coozer

posted on 19/7/13 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
I pulled at at the lights and went to put my foot down.. loop on the lace of my trainers hooked round the gearshift..

Howls of laughter as I tried to pick the bike up.. Z1000ST didn't realise how heavy these things were

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

NigeEss

posted on 19/7/13 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
which way did you knee bend. ive done my ligaments 3 times now and rehab takes a long long time!

Bike landed on outside of right knee. Strange thing is that side doesn't hurt at all but the inside does.

daniel mason

posted on 19/7/13 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like a medial ligament. it runs up the inside of the knee and stretches if the knee buckles. ive done mine twice. if it was ruptured badly youd never have got up. it would be teribly swollen,and unbelievably sore.
a minor tear will still probably take 10 weeks to sort itself out.
if you need any help give me a shout as ive had a lot of trouble with mine from playing sports

Nickp

posted on 19/7/13 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Once pushed my fully laden Honda XL1000 Varadero off its centre stand with the side stand still out. Side stand and all the bikes weight landed squarely on my big toe!! Feck that hurt!!
spiderman

posted on 19/7/13 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I pulled at at the lights and went to put my foot down.. loop on the lace of my trainers hooked round the gearshift..

Howls of laughter as I tried to pick the bike up.. Z1000ST didn't realise how heavy these things were

"Trainers" on a motorbike! bet you don't do that again, or are you going to tell us that boots would have looked daft when wearing shorts.

Spider

NigeEss

posted on 19/7/13 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
After all the, "ooh, torn ligaments", etc I went to A&E where a pleasant young doctor
poked and twisted it causing me more grief. She sent me off for an xray after which
told me nothing is torn or broken, it's just a sprain so stop crying and man up

Well words to that effect anyway

tango man

posted on 19/7/13 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
did my right knee about 34 yrs ago , on a bike on a quiet country lane went round a corner and a spillage of diesel right on bend took my jeans of and my knee was facing backwards boy was it painfull ,never been right since , then bugger me i did it again racing a emc 250 , another 3 months of work
iank

posted on 19/7/13 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

"Trainers" on a motorbike! bet you don't do that again, or are you going to tell us that boots would have looked daft when wearing shorts.

Come now you need to wear shorts otherwise the tee-shirt looks stupid. Duh

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.