Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: part finished or W.H.Y.
Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 23/7/13 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
part finished or W.H.Y.

Hi all

I'm looking for a part built or an older cheaper running 7 money isn't the object me being tight and not wanting to be spending loads is

NOT looking for a chassis that needs welding, as my welding gear is in another country.

Also nothing personal but NO current MK'S they have just never floated my boat for too numerous reasons.

But I would consider an older locost live axled MK as I see them a different beast all together.

I also understand the caveat emptor of buying a part built and IVA issues so that's not a problem

budget wise, well that will depend on the car up to 10k if im in the mood and it takes my fancy

U2 me if you have something interesting

[Edited on 23/7/2013 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

brookie

posted on 23/7/13 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
Hi all

I'm looking for a part built or an older cheaper running 7 money isn't the object me being tight and not wanting to be spending loads is

NOT looking for a chassis that needs welding, as my welding gear is in another country.

Also nothing personal but NO current MK'S they have just never floated my boat for too numerous reasons.

But I would consider an older locost live axled MK as I see them a different beast all together.

I also understand the caveat emptor of buying a part built and IVA issues so that's not a problem

budget wise, well that will depend on the car up to 10k if im in the mood and it takes my fancy

U2 me if you have something interesting

[Edited on 23/7/2013 by Hector.Brocklebank]

pm sent

Mistron

posted on 23/7/13 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
I have a part restored mid '60s Clubmans race car which admittedly needs a very wee bit of welding (engine mounts are just tacked in place, new rear shock mounts to be welded on etc - noting big)

It has a BMC A series engine - I was going to build a period correct in line 998, but you could just rebuild the 948 I have been using to set it up, or fit a 1275......

It has no bodywork, but I am well on with designing the main lines of the body to make a start on the buck for a GRP body.

It has a BMC Riley 1500 back axle, long trailing links, twin wishbone front end etc

The big bits are there but admittedly, it needs work.

Still, it's got to be the cheapest '60s era spaceframe racer on the market, and not too far away, as I'm in Dunfermline.

I'm looking for £3000 ono

drop me a PM with your details if you'd like some more details

Al

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.