Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Reg plates
Rogthebandit

posted on 5/8/13 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Reg plates

How do

Are square front reg plates legal for a kit car? Been looking on line but getting mixed messages. Has anyone else got one on?

Cheers
Rog

Davey D

posted on 5/8/13 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
As long as it is the correct size/shape plate with the correct size font and correct spacing, then yes it is legal
chrism

posted on 5/8/13 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Im sure for the rear plate the rule used to be it has to be the standard size one except for where it will not fit due to the car design, i.e. an imported car which has been designed with a different shape plate.

I'm not sure if this rule stands for the front one, but with the amount of cars you see with the square japanese style one I think you would be alright as long as the font and sizing rules are followed.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

Rogthebandit

posted on 5/8/13 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm making me think now, I have put a square plate on the back. A normal one will fit. Wondering now if this one is legal also?
loggyboy

posted on 5/8/13 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
2 lines are perfectly legal.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_067666.pdf

Mistral Motorsport

james h

posted on 5/8/13 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Once I've finished rebuilding the MK, I really don't want to put a front 'plate on. This is a bit naughty I know, but I was wondering if anyone on here driving their kit car had ever been stopped for this?

I've perhaps given myself false confidence that it would be unlikely to get me into trouble, due to a drive pre-SVA to the next village and back where a policeman with a radar gun gave me a thumbs up (all I had was 'SVA' in masking tape on the back).

gavin174

posted on 5/8/13 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by james h
Once I've finished rebuilding the MK, I really don't want to put a front 'plate on. This is a bit naughty I know, but I was wondering if anyone on here driving their kit car had ever been stopped for this?

carry a "broken" front plate with you, if you get stopped you pulled up too close to a high curb.

and on your way to get a new one

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

loggyboy

posted on 5/8/13 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Asking for trouble, attracts negative attention straight away. Traffic Coppers can be very easy to annoy, and you always want them happy.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.