Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine swap
ripudaman

posted on 23/8/13 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Engine swap

Hi Guys,

I hope you all Guru’s are doing great. I have a new project in my mind & I am not sure if it’s feasible or not so I want to run it through you guys. I am quite new to this to I might ask lot of silly question to please bear with me, so it goes.

I am from India Pune & I want to fit a big engine like 3.5L Nissan 350Z or 4.1/4.7 Ford diesel engine or a Chevy Small Block, U got what I meant is any good engine with lots to muscle/power in an Indian vehicle, I am considering Contessa a near match to Vauxhall Victor FE is suppose (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindustan_Contessa

This is just an initial stage so I am not incline toward any fixed engine so I am all ears. This doesn’t have any commercial agenda behind this I am going do this on my own, my money & for personal satisfaction.

Also I have to get this engine imported, as if now I have just gone thought ebay because I only saw it there complete engine+ shipping to India, I also have to make sure engine is in running state and if I have to change any part I might have to order then since I might not get then here in India, also we have

Also tell me what all body & engine bay, chassis related change & strengthening I have to so, which suspension, breaks & other change is need be
I might be missing lots to point, I am here for suggestion so ley it on me.

Also I want some details related to cost if I buy from Uk & which places are good to buy a complete engine in working condition

Also I am not sure if I am putting this post in correct category so please tell me if I am not I can move it to correct one

Thank,
Ripu Daman

Thanks,
Ripu Daman

bi22le

posted on 23/8/13 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome along. A new country to add to the list, India! !

The conversion you dream of has been done to a degree many times in the UK. Light old cars with big V8 for power.

There are plenty of bloggs on here and many people that have done this sort of thing.

Unfortunately I have not.

Good luck with the build.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

ripudaman

posted on 23/8/13 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for replying .. I was just dieing to hear that someone else did it & it work.. The mail thing is I also haven't do it
So have very less idea what all can be fitted with least changes to mount.

Anyway thanks again

Thanks,
Ripu Daman

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.