New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 21st September Blyton park
jacko

posted on 24/8/13 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
21st September Blyton park

http://www.totalkitcarlive.com/

This looks like a good day out
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 24/8/13 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
its the ppc trackday on 20th so a few of us are thinking of camping thursday and friday to catch the show the day after!

Paul AS

posted on 25/8/13 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh sounds good. I'm taking my J15 as one of the demo cars for Sylva, doing passenger rides, and hopefully getting a few as well. I think its going to be a busy day on track!
jacko

posted on 16/9/13 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Bump
just a reminder its this weekend coming

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matty h

posted on 16/9/13 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
I am going but can not see the start time.Matty
jacko

posted on 16/9/13 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty h
I am going but can not see the start time.Matty

Gates open 8.30 track start 9.30

danny keenan

posted on 16/9/13 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
We will have two cars doing passenger rides on the day and two cars on the stand.so come and see us for some fast laps round Blyton park

We will be there with our race truck so if anyone has any issues with there cars please come and see us.

Our workshop is only 20 mins away so if we can't fix it trackside we will do our best to go back to he workshop and gt the parts to get you back on track or the road

Thanks Danny

adithorp

posted on 19/9/13 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
I'm at Blyton for the PPC trackday on Friday and staying over for it on Saturday. I looks like they've got a decent number of exibitors...

http://www.totalkitcarlive.com/

Should be a good day.

[Edited on 19/9/13 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Davey D

posted on 19/9/13 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
It will be interesting to see if each of the manufacturers keep a log of their lap times for comparison with each other
DRC INDY 7

posted on 20/9/13 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
The PDC will be there see link below VVVVV

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

jacko

posted on 20/9/13 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7

Will all the PDC team be there ? i will look out for the 3 seats in the usual place on the bank
Graham

DRC INDY 7

posted on 20/9/13 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7

Will all the PDC team be there ? i will look out for the 3 seats in the usual place on the bank
Graham

Yep all three of us will be there

[Edited on 9/20/2013 by DRC INDY 7]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

jeffw

posted on 22/9/13 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
Had a great time spitting flames out the back of the car while taking passengers round. The Phoenix got a lot of attention and I did brisk business in the afternoon with Pax laps. I spent a long time chatting to Jeremy Philips about his new J15 and Vectis as well as him admiring the Phoenix which made me chuffed to say the least.

Blyton is a great track for kitcars and I'll probable do their Sprints next year. There where a large number of manufactures, which was good, and there with some issues during the day.....two Thruxtons where recovered, 1 Cobra went into the cornfield and Z Cars BEC Elise caught fire. I also caught and passed the AB Sabre twice (he wasn't happy) and almost crashed into the back of the Grinnal (driven by Mr Grinnal) who decided, rather than move over, to brake test me halfway down the straight. Apart from that it was all good, the car ran brilliantly all day and got lots of comments.

Weather was good so great day out.

adithorp

posted on 22/9/13 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
It was a great day. I volunteered to help Steve on the Fury stand and give a few passenger laps. I might have even converted a CEC guy to the dark side for his next project.

It's a really good format and I think it'll get better and could be the future for kit car shows. It's weather dependent being out door, which could be a problem. I also got the impression some people were reticent to ask for a ride.

Thanks to Jeff for the ride. Brutal power delivery and also interesting comparing the "swings and roundabouts" between high power and lightweight cars back to back... shame you were prevented from taking up the reciprocal offer. (To be fair to AB they were using a customers Sabre and treating it gently after they'd broken a gearbox on their own car)

Well done to the organisers, circuit and exhibitors... and those who came along to make it worthwhile.

[Edited on 22/9/13 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

jeffw

posted on 22/9/13 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Thanks to Jeff for the ride. Brutal power delivery and also interesting comparing the "swings and roundabouts" between high power and lightweight cars back to back... shame you were prevented from taking up the reciprocal offer. (To be fair to AB they were using a customers Sabre and treating it gently after they'd broken a gearbox on their own car)

Well done to the organisers, circuit and exhibitors... and those who came along to make it worthwhile.

Glad you enjoyed your Pax lap....I was too scared to get in your 'beast'....

Interesting that they where using the customer's Sabre....obviously it wasn't fitted with the optional mirrors given the reticents to move over.

jacko

posted on 22/9/13 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
+ 1 i had a great time and hope they do it another year a BIG thumbs up to all
Jacko

Andy B

posted on 22/9/13 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Just a quick one to say great to meet up with lots of you at Blyton, apologies for having to withdraw Lees race Sabre at lunchtime, this car had done all the dyno development, track testing and racing this year and developed a 3rd gear fault. Initially we were happy to short shift around it but later when tHe gear broke up it was game over or risk a blow up and depositing oil - which would have caused problems for everyone else. A big thank you to Hadrian and Chris for stepping in at short notice with their own car and taking people out. Whilst their car is fitted with the stock mirrors they probably didn't take into account the sheer power and closing speed of your car Jeff, they were very conscious of the days brief of not driving above their limitations and risking an incident and in fairness don't have your experience on track.
For those that we're hoping to go out in a Sabre and didn't get the opportunity, we are in the process of finishing a dedicated demo car and will be arranging some test days shortly
Loved the engineering and install of the ARB set up on your car Adi and will give you the heads up when we are out next so you can have a play
Andy

angliamotorsport

posted on 22/9/13 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Very diplomatic Andy, nicely put.
jeffw

posted on 22/9/13 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Very diplomatic Andy, I was only teasing....Shame we didn't get a chance to chat, the chassis and the cars looked great, Jeremy Philips and I had a long chat about the quality of the chassis. The guys driving the Sabre pulled over once they realised I was there, didn't seem to look too often though.

There where a number of cars who's mirrors didn't seem to work, the yellow three wheeler was the worse though.

And very interested in Adi's ARB....might need you to do one like that for mine

[Edited on 22/9/13 by jeffw]

FASTdan

posted on 22/9/13 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
I wish I could have attended this as to me it sounds like the ideal format for a kit show (weather dependent as already said). An imminent baby arrival prevented me going, but if its on again next year we will be there.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Andy B

posted on 22/9/13 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
No worries Jeff - I did come over to catch up but you were in conversation at the time, then it all got a bit hectic. Car look s very well sorted and blisteringly quick, hopefully there will be a few more of this type of event where we can catch up properly. From our perspective this format makes more sense than a static show and Steve Hole and the staff did a cracking job on the day.
Right - off to rebuild a gearbox now .........
Regards
Andy

40inches

posted on 22/9/13 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
B*gger! I thought it was just a track day Must pay attention.

daniel mason

posted on 22/9/13 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
^^^^^that was the day before!

jeffw

posted on 22/9/13 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy B
No worries Jeff - I did come over to catch up but you were in conversation at the time, then it all got a bit hectic. Car look s very well sorted and blisteringly quick, hopefully there will be a few more of this type of event where we can catch up properly.

You are being very kind

jeffw

posted on 22/9/13 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote

Short video with Adi in the car.....113.8MPH max speed and 1.4G lateral max G. I ran out of space on the datacard and this was the only video (not to self clear card before going!)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.