Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Striker Colour Help
the constant builder

posted on 4/9/13 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Striker Colour Help

I am planing on refurbishing my Striker over the winter, can anyone tell me what the blue colour is please? I've been in touch with Jeremy, but he is unable to offer a suggestion. I'd like to get son Gel coat, also planning to strip the chassis and repaint, I believe it was powder coated originally, has anyone got an idea what colour the yellow might be? BS Golden Yellow, perhaps?

Thanks

Angus

Description
Description

Strikers can be practical load carriers!

[Edited on 4/9/13 by the constant builder]

Litemoth

posted on 4/9/13 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with the blue but my Striker has a Yellow chassis which is a RAL 1023 yellow.
the constant builder

posted on 5/9/13 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your reply, that gives me a good starting point, as over the years some of the more exposed parts and the track control arms have been painted slightly different yellows (some possibly with Hammerite!)

I guess Raw might have the blue colour in their range, at least I hope so as the bonnet is not going to last for ever.

Thanks again

Angus

Litemoth

posted on 6/9/13 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
You're welcome
Most motor factor paint sellers will have a RAL colour chart. Halford's do a colour matching service I think.

You can look at the RAL charts online but they are notoriously dodgy for matching because the way the computer 'interprets' colours.
Maybe splash out on a RAL colour chart...you can allow for fading then too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAL-K7-Classic-Colour-Chart-Brand-new-Fan-style-guide-UK-delivery-only-99p-/160957803906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain _3&hash=item2579d52d82

[Edited on 6/9/13 by Litemoth]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.