Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RAW Striker - Project / Build / Rebuild - £5750
clanger

posted on 2/10/13 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
RAW Striker - Project / Build / Rebuild - £5750

RAW Striker 2005 – Fully registered and SVA’d
For sale reluctantly is my part rebuilt RAW Striker. Due to a million other commitments I’m not getting enough time to work on the rebuild of the car, and it’s not looking like it’s going to get any attention in the next couple of years.
The car was purchased by me at the end of 2011 from the original owner/builder. It was a decent enough build running a nicely tuned crossflow. Plan was to tidy it up a bit and use it during 2012. This is my 3rd Striker, and being a little bit “fussy” engineering wise, one thing led to another and eventually I decided to give the car a complete rebuild. I really wanted to put my stamp on the car, and not just with a few minor mods. I’m a time served Mechanical Engineer with 30 years’ experience, I have access to lots of fancy machinery and equipment which I make use of during my endless projects, car building included. My first Striker build had a single page write up in Kitcar mag back in 2002.
This car was completed and registered by the original builder in June 2005; he used it for a few years covering approx. 2500 miles in his ownership. I drove it into my garage, with its full MOT ready for the winter make over!!!!!
So on to the rebuild……….
As I said this is my 3rd Striker and the last two had some nagging little foibles that bugged the hell out of me during their construction. So I set about this one as a blank canvas.
I modified the original angular scuttle to take the (much better looking IMHO) new RAW moulded scuttle and dash. Added welded on brake, lighting and misc. brackets where needed. Junked the metallastic bushes and converted the wishbones to take rose joints. Added a CDS roll-bar extension hoop to give a little more head clearance without spoiling the looks too much. Added a removable CDS strut brace. This can be removed for general road work and then fitted to give a little more security for trackdays etc.
The crossflow made way for a 2.0 Duratec out of a Fiesta ST150. This resulted in me fabricating some new engine mounts and chassis supports to suit. I wanted to make sure the bodywork retained its lines so was able to squeeze it all under the bonnet whilst keeping it low and far enough back in the chassis.
The pedal box, I designed and fabricated from scratch. This incorporates fully adjustable brake bias and a hydraulic clutch assembly, with phosphorus bronze bushed custom made pedals.
All the running gear, hubs etc. have been stripped, cleaned, blasted, zinc primered then re powder coated. New bearing and seals fitted. Type 9 cleaned, painted, new seals.
I never liked the “over the rail” exhaust system on these cars so I fabricated my own 4-1 side exit system. All 304 stainless, purge welded.
I modified the handbrake assembly to fit inside the tunnel. This does away with the ugly passenger foot well mounted original setup, and a bit more room for your mates...
Strengthened the steering column mounts and converted the bush assembly to take the common spherical bearing setup.
There are countless other mods and sods I’ve done, but those are the major ones.
The car will come with everything needed to get it back up and running. All it needs is an ECU, few sheets of aluminium, some gauges, switch gear, a few minor bits and a good winter build plan. You can be on the road next summer in a well sorted Duratec powered Striker with a bit of elbow grease and a bit more time than me!!!
The car is registered in my name with the V5 cert showing the new Duratec engine number. The emissions limits have not changed from the Crosslfow setup ;-)) It’s SORN, obviously at the moment, so a quick MOT and tax and you’re on the road. Not SVA/IVA to worry about.
The parts I can think of which will be included (more may come to light when I get all the boxes out!!!):
Full SVA’d registered, VIN stamped chassis. Newly bracketed, modified and powder-coated. All rivet holes welded up and ground back
All wishbones misc. items blasted, zinc’d then powder coated. Shocks, springs, pivot bolts etc.
Hubs, brakes, pads disc etc. new seals, bearings, powder coated.
2.0 Duratec engine (55K miles) I took it out of the running car myself) it comes with rally design Alloy bell housing, hydraulic slave, new clutch, thrust bearing etc. Original Ford engine loom (all connectors for all the sensors). Fully custom built 4 into 1, 304 Stainless system. GSXR throttle bodies, with laser cut inlet flange.
Brand new RAW body kit including dash/scuttle. 3 piece rear tub with cycle wings.
Momo Alcantara steering wheel. Steering rack, column etc.
Brand new Willwood alloy callipers and drilled discs up front. New Willwood master cylinders, with AP reservoirs.
1x pair of new JK composite seats, designed to fit the Striker chassis. Harnesses
Revolution 5 spoke alloys with Yokohama tyres (6mm tread)
Alloy fuel tank, with filler, new high pressure fuel pump, filter.
Brake lines, pipes, clips, nuts bolts, brackets, tubes, lights, new rad, fan, indicators, wiring, trim, Plus lots more………..
If there’s’ anything In particular you need to know then get in touch.
I’m asking £5750 for the car/project. It owes me nearly double this including the original car purchase price alone. It owes me a lot more in blood sweat, tears and head scratching!!!!!
Apologies but I’m not going to take any offers, as I change my mind weekly about selling it. Its coming up to the winter season when I actually get most time on it…… Save yourself the heartache of refurbing rusty old sierra bits, IVA tests, and DVLA numpties, it’s all here ready to play……………………you just got to put it together first!!!
U2U me if you need more info/photos etc??. Cheers.

This is how it rolled out of the garage after after its first weekend in my ownership

[Edited on 3/10/13 by clanger]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.