Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another good result from Bailey Performance
scudderfish

posted on 6/10/13 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Another good result from Bailey Performance

Following on from http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=165142, I was having some issues. My MS1 was resetting frequently although I had done all the normally recommended things (earths and supressors on the coils). I had no faith in my car and I had no real capability to fix it. Dale got in touch and offered to come and pick my car up and do his magic. Transportation costs were very reasonable, so Tuesday afternoon, off went my car on a trailer.

Dale did some witchcraft inside the ECU and got rid of the resets. He then set about other issues; number one was fuel pressure. The regulator I had was only 2.5bar but for the injectors I have (only 4) I needed more so he sourced and fitted a 4.5bar one. He rewired my injectors so that they would be staged correctly to go with my 4 barrel TB. He re-earthed my EDIS and sorted new power lines for the ECU and injectors. As I don't have an effective plenum he switched it over to TPS based mapping and then cracked on.

Next problem was my air temp sensor was not in the actual airflow and my air filter arrangement was strangling the engine. We talked it over and he came up with a carb hat. He drilled and tapped it for the sensor and cracked on.

I got a call yesterday afternoon saying he was finished. The carb hat means the bonnet doesn't currently close so for a reasonable sum he offered to trailer it back, and it arrived just after lunch today! He's done nearly 600 miles all told.

'How fast is it mister?' 223bhp@5400rpm Less than TVR claimed, but TVR horses were more Shetland ponies than proper ones. The fun one though is 253lbft of torque@3200rpm. It's 225lbft@1000rpm, which will make pulling out of junctions without looking like a knob a bit of a challenge.

Now I need to tidy up the wiring and cut a hole in my bonnet to let the engine out.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 6/10/13 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
225lbft at 1000rpm

That's going to be a handful...

Nice one scud!!!

scudderfish

posted on 6/10/13 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote

This is what is now sat on top of my engine. I need to sort out some ducting to a cone filter, probably down in front of my radiator. Any suggestions on what to get? The stuff I find on eBay seems woefully small.

Alfred Aguire

posted on 7/10/13 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Not a bad result, but there is plenty more power available from these if you want it.

The 4.3 was one of the only tvr rover v8's that tended to produce it's quoted power outputs (along with the 3.5 350i wedge)

What cam did you fit in the end, peak torque so low down suggests it pretty mild?

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 7/10/13 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
This is what you need!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.