Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Solidworks 2013 sp4 sp5 question
Alan B

posted on 26/10/13 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Solidworks 2013 sp4 sp5 question

Hi guys,

I know this should really be on a more appropriate forum, but I know I'll get a better/faster answer here.

I'm trying to upgrade my Sw2013 sp3 installations on my PC and laptop to first of all sp4 (which failed) and then today to sp5 which also failed.

About half way through the install it asks for the original DVD to get some files from then shortly afterwards says there is some error and can't continue...same behaviour with both sp4 and sp5 on both PC and laptop.

I'm sure I'm probably not missing any major upgrades but it's annoying when stuff doesn't work.

Any clues?

Alan

PS: On both machines I've also installed 2014 sp0 without any problems and will eventually move over totally to 2014.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richmars

posted on 27/10/13 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Nit sure what SP I'm running on 2013, but I guess there's something wrong with the existing install or the 2013 disks. Depends how important it is to you if you need to run 2013 SP4/5.
Alan B

posted on 27/10/13 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the input.

Not really too bothered as I don't think I'm missing much.....but then again who knows?

Cheers,

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
balidey

posted on 27/10/13 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
service packs usually just fix bugs, so if you are having issues upgrading I would not bother with them.
Unless you are having problems with crashes?

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

Alan B

posted on 27/10/13 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
The only issues I'm having are installing the service packs...how ironic...

However, I have fixed it.

I download the entire DVD image rather than automatic update and it installed fine.

Thanks everyone.

Alan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.