Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brawn leaving Mercedes
bi22le

posted on 29/10/13 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Brawn leaving Mercedes

Sad times.

I hope he goes to another team and not out of F1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24725406

One of the best engineers in the business and certainly an idol of mine. Not that I know anthing about him!

[Edited on 29/10/13 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

daniel mason

posted on 29/10/13 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
he wanted total control. which probably would have been wise to compete with newey! who reportedly is interested in designing the aero and hyrodynamics for americas cup sailing boats!

CNHSS1

posted on 29/10/13 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Brawns the real deal, can run the whole operation well if left to do so. He was a big part of the reason Hamilton moved to Mercedes.

Neweys not interested in running the whole team, but he does (like Brawn) want and need to be left to do his thing and not get embroiled in the F1 BS that often muddies the waters.

Newey always needs a challenge. He left McLaren as he wanted to do the Americas Cup project as well and split his time, which Ron Dennis didnt want, but im guessing hed wished hed allowed him a years sabbatical now given McLs dire season!

Brawns also hugely successful having been the man behind Benetton, Ferrari in F1 and Jaguars Le Mans wins with rory Byrne.

I do hope he goes to McLaren, i reckon Lewis would be banging on Whitmarshes office door for his old job back!!

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

CNHSS1

posted on 29/10/13 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of F1 designers love playing with boats. Tony Southgate, Patrick Head and Newey to name but 3.
Whether aero or water, its all fluid dynaimcs baby, yeah!

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

cerbera

posted on 29/10/13 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure I read something somewhere saying he's going to Honda who are powering McLaren in 2015.

Actually it speculates just that in the article.

[Edited on 29/10/13 by cerbera]

loggyboy

posted on 29/10/13 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cerbera
I'm sure I read something somewhere saying he's going to Honda who are powering McLaren in 2015.

Actually it speculates just that in the article.

[Edited on 29/10/13 by cerbera]

Yeah, but contrasting reports say his relationship with Honda was muddied when he worked withem prior to BrawnGP

Mistral Motorsport

CNHSS1

posted on 29/10/13 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Cant see it personally, Brawn expressed exasperation when running BAR at the way Honda took too long to make any decisions, they were made at Board level rather than them letting him (and to much lesser extent Nick Fry...) get on with it. He cited that whilst great for a global motor company, ideas such as the Earth car (remember that paint scheme!) didnt work in F1 where revolution was sometimes needed betwen Grand Prix!

That said, Honda have a very high regard for him, should they wish to fund another team but cant see him being a Honda liason bloke at McLaren in '015

jeffw

posted on 29/10/13 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
When I saw the title I was like...

jeffw

posted on 29/10/13 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Expect him to pop up at Williams shortly....

bi22le

posted on 29/10/13 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
When I saw the title I was like...

Whoopsie!!

Title edited

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

slingshot2000

posted on 30/10/13 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

^^^^ I thought(/hoped) exactly the same, would take the circle right back to the beginning ! Could be just the thing to re-ignite the team he started off with !

Regards
Jon

jps

posted on 30/10/13 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
quote:

^^^^ I thought(/hoped) exactly the same, would take the circle right back to the beginning ! Could be just the thing to re-ignite the team he started off with !

Regards
Jon

They certainly need some reinvigoration! Having spent my formative years with a 'red 5' poster on my wall - it's a bit sad to see Williams where they are now...

omega 24 v6

posted on 30/10/13 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Having spent my formative years with a 'red 5' poster on my wall - it's a bit sad to see Williams where they are now

I second that. Surely they will be back at the top again soon?

[Edited on 30/10/13 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

James

posted on 30/10/13 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Williams recently took on Pat Symonds though I believe. So I can't see Brawn going there as well if he didn't want to work alongside another TG such as Paddy Lowe.

Hoping he'll have some Mclaren involvement personally!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

morcus

posted on 30/10/13 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Same as to Williams, from recent performance it's hard to believe they're the second most successful F1 team in History.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

locogeoff

posted on 30/10/13 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I wish he would don the red overalls again and sort out the f'in mess that Ferari are in at the moment.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.