Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Remote Oil Filter Problem
SALAD

posted on 2/11/13 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Remote Oil Filter Problem

I have removed the oil cooler take-off from my XE and purchased a shorter filter adapter screw thingy from QED in order to fit a Mocal remote filter set-up. I also have a standard oil filter to use with the above.
All the parts are specifically for a C20XE engine.

Upon trying to fit it all today, it doesn't fit together. The original filter screw thingy is the same diameter both ends (18mm into engine and 18mm into filter) but the QED adapter is 18mm one end and 19mm the other.

I thought that I could maybe replace the screw adapter for one that is 18mm both ends as the Mocal remote set up is M18 on the take off plate (which would fit to the standard filter screw) but the remote head is 19mm (or 3/4UNF I think) so doesn't fit the standard oil filter I bought.

SO,

Option 1: Is there another short filter screw available that is 18mm both ends and what filter would I need to get to fit the 19mm (or 3/4UNF) remote?

Option 2: Should I send the Mocal kit back and see if they have a 19mm take off plate and an 18mm remote head?

redturner
Senior Builder

Posts 449
Registered 9/11/12

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Run 2 ltr Black Top in single seater race car.

posted on 3/11/13 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
I use a remote filter and I fit the filter from a BMC or Ford which are 3/4"....
SALAD

posted on 3/11/13 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
It would seem that 3/4unf is the standard size for remote oil heads.

The part number for a short M18 filter stud from Vauxhall is V0090322488 apparently.

The filter stud from QED fits the engine (M18) and would take a 3/4unf filter but doesn't fit my M18 remote take off plate so the Vauxhall stud is the one to go for.....off an 8v engine.

elizaharry

posted on 10/1/14 at 04:40 AM Reply With Quote
Check out the local junk yard for the part…

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.